What time do you eat dinner?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you rebels are all retaahhted. Grant won!

now excusse while I pahhk my cahhh in the yahhhd and go to da bahh.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the funniest things I have ever witnessed was an attempted conversation between two new engineers at the utility. One from Boston, the other from 10 miles North of the Arkansas state line. Both speaking English and obviously not understanding each other.

One of the funniest things I have ever witnessed was an attempted conversation between two new engineers at the utility. One from Boston, the other from 10 miles North of the Arkansas state line. Both speaking English and obviously not understanding each other.
You could put that on pay per view, and I'd pay to see it.

I have a big "snack" when I get home about 5-6 which is also when we get food for the kiddos.
Then the wife and I have dinner anywhere between 8-9.

On weekends, it's more of a free-for-all with meals all day. We just pretty much snack all day unless we have to go out and run errands, then we'll stop by and grab a meal somewhere (like Chipotle or Subway).
Back to the original question...

You don't eat dinner with your kids? Growing up we always, always ate dinner at 6:00pm sharp. It didn't matter if my father was on a job three hours away and only needed another thirty minutes to finish - he'd leave at 3:00pm so he'd be on time for dinner. Looking back, that was one of the highlights of my childhood - always eating dinner as a family. Of course, I didn't appreciate it at the time (seems us three brothers would always be arguing about something).

Now, we choose to eat together every day even if it means eating at all hours. Never before 5:30pm and sometimes as late at 10:00pm. I don' think my son appreciates it... yet!

I have a big "snack" when I get home about 5-6 which is also when we get food for the kiddos.
Then the wife and I have dinner anywhere between 8-9.

On weekends, it's more of a free-for-all with meals all day. We just pretty much snack all day unless we have to go out and run errands, then we'll stop by and grab a meal somewhere (like Chipotle or Subway).
Back to the original question...

You don't eat dinner with your kids? Growing up we always, always ate dinner at 6:00pm sharp. It didn't matter if my father was on a job three hours away and only needed another thirty minutes to finish - he'd leave at 3:00pm so he'd be on time for dinner. Looking back, that was one of the highlights of my childhood - always eating dinner as a family. Of course, I didn't appreciate it at the time (seems us three brothers would always be arguing about something).

Now, we choose to eat together every day even if it means eating at all hours. Never before 5:30pm and sometimes as late at 10:00pm. I don' think my son appreciates it... yet!

I would be AMAZED if the number of times I actually sat and ate dinner with my family from birth to present exceeds 75, including holidays. Thanksgiving, yes, Christmas, yes, Easter, periodically. That's it. Otherwise, it was grab a Hot Pocket and sit in front of the TV or on the computer. Maybe I was missing out on something?

I usually eat dinner around 6pm. But I also get home early. I'm usually back home by 330. I'm usually at the office at 630 am.

Only most of you.

Honestly though, I'm surprised how widely the dialect differs just from the locals alone. Some have a light twang, others I wish would carry a whiteboard with them so they could write down what gibberish it is they're trying to speak.

Latest posts

Back