What does the Fox say?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dex, I have used bluestacks in the past.  It was several years ago though.   Seemed to work fine for the couple android apps I wanted to run on the PC.

I was tempted to try it out on a couple games I'm currently playing, but upon further research discovered that it's against the game's Terms of Service and is grounds for permanent ban.

I was tempted to try it out on a couple games I'm currently playing, but upon further research discovered that it's against the game's Terms of Service and is grounds for permanent ban.
Ha. You say that like the threat of being banned has ever stopped you in the past... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
So. American consumerism won me over last week. I caved and bought the Pixel 2, mainly because of the great deal I could get for trading in my Pixel and the ability to get a new google home mini for free.

My Google Nexus 5x upgraded to Oreo. It's not too different than Android 7.X. 

I am thinking that my phone will mysteriously stop working in the next 6 months so I will be buying a Pixel 2 as well.

I hate my iPhone more, but am becoming less enamored with my S5.  Very glitchy, spotty wifi performance, lots of app crashes.  I will have to give the LG's and HTC's a hard look next time around, which probably won't be for a long time since it's out of pocket from now on.  

I am thinking that my phone will mysteriously stop working in the next 6 months so I will be buying a Pixel 2 as well.
Do it! If the Pixel 2 is anything like the Pixel, I think you'll like it. At least, I love my Pixel and am pretty sure I will love my Pixel 2 as well, as soon as I get myself some wireless bluetooth headphones. No headphone jack, doh!

No headphone jack, doh!
Really hate that, and I have bluetooth headphones.  Inevitably you forget to charge them, or you want to use your spare corded ones at work, etc.  

Really hate that, and I have bluetooth headphones.  Inevitably you forget to charge them, or you want to use your spare corded ones at work, etc.  
I thought you could get an adapter that would connect to the USB port and pass through audio to a 3.5mm output?

I thought you could get an adapter that would connect to the USB port and pass through audio to a 3.5mm output?
Still less than ideal, since you can't charge your phone at that point.  For example, we have super shitty cell service in our building, so it's a battery killer.  I'll routinely put on Pandora or Youtube to listen to music, but leave it plugged in so the battery has a chance to make it through the day.

Still less than ideal, since you can't charge your phone at that point.  For example, we have super shitty cell service in our building, so it's a battery killer.  I'll routinely put on Pandora or Youtube to listen to music, but leave it plugged in so the battery has a chance to make it through the day.
Invalid excuse. Adapter + wireless charging = happy Supe :thumbs:

Do I have wireless charging?  I don't think I have wireless charging.  

I LOVE my S8. and it's wireless charging magic. not that it doesnt charge with the same charger that i have a million cords of in all possible locations though. I guess it's time to purge those :)

only problem is the zagg screen protector that i've used on every device, is incapable of being applied properly and i forever have gaps and therefore dust collecting around the perimeter of the screen. drives. me. nuts. this is my 3rd application by the "professionals" (read: people who do this literally all day) and i'm getting frustrated! blah. 

Back