What did you do?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hiked the same 6 miles I do every Sunday on a gray morning where it was in the 40s and windy. We'll skip the pics this time.

I'm not too impressed by the colors here so far. The summer was real hot and dry, than heavy rain and wind last week just took a lot of them down.

beer fest. It was awesome. The homebrew club rocked again and gained 'Best Brewery' honors again (3rd year in a row).

We had a sand sculptor make a small display while everyone was watching. If I can figure out how to upload to the site I will.

At the Banana River, near Kennedy Space Center. Pretty close from where the Space Shuttle is prepared for the missions.

PA090064.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome picture DK, but I had to fix the text

At the Banana River, near Kennedy Space Center. Pretty close from where the Space Shuttle is WAS prepared for the missions.
see we can't afford to advance technology we need to buy votes extend unemployment

ok, sorry. I'll go back to the politics room.

Saturday, we had our first annual NC Malibu Racing meet. Had about 15 members of the forum show up, and I think 10 cars. Ended up taking home the "Fastest ET" award by a fair margin, and got some cool swag from some of our sponsors. Also had the opportunity to royally piss off a '68 Mustang owner (after losing, he blew right past the time slip lady, loaded the car on the trailer and left), which is always fun.

I did volunteer my services as photographer for the even as well, and a couple of the photos will make it into the 2011 calendar. It was TOUGH, as we were in direct sunlight all day, and there was seemingly no good angle for any shot. Here's one of the calendar shots for my friend Bill's car after some Photoshopping some flaws out of his paint, brightness, and saturation.

Nice picture. I've always liked TT2's on most any car. Nice color, too.

I spent this past 3-day weekend with family mostly. On Friday, Mrs. MS, mini-MS, and MIL went to the zoo and rode on the train. We spent a good 2 hours there... much longer than we had expected since mini-MS was doing VERY well. Beautiful day, too, I might add.

On Saturday, I "modified" my daily driver '92 Tracer with a manual OD engagement switch. Haven't had OD in over a year and finally got around to buying / installing that $3.99 + tax switch. Towards the end of the OD engagement last year, the car would go in/out/in/out/etc... of OD until it settled on one or the other. It finally stopped doing that altogether. Now I am in control, not the silly ECU.

On Sunday, Mrs. MS, mini-MS, and I went to my parents' house to spend some time with Grandma. Another fantastic day for mini-MS. Did a little work for mom and she got to play with her grandson. Just a good day.

Fantastic weekend in my books. :)

Speaking of grandmas, MIAF-in-law was visiting this weekend and finally goes home today, thank God. Whenever she's around, junior is HORRIBLE. MIAF's mother absolutely can't say no to anything, so she's up all night, jumping around, ripping toys out left and right, etc. I had her in tears a few times when she was getting out of hand and I had to keep her in check. Tonight it's back to Supe's rules.

Tonight it's back to Supe's rules.
for some reason I am picturing you wearing black leather chaps when you say this.

I am going to have to drink heavily tonight to remove this image now that it is seared into my brain.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hairy, too. Especially my ass. Does that help?

My little brother drove down from Charlotte this weekend. We went to go catch some shrimp out in the harbor. We ended up catching about 36 quarts Friday night and pretty close to 48 quarts on Saturday night. All in all I sent him home with 19 lbs of headed shrimp and I kept 18 lbs. Our freezers are now filled with about 50 lbs of shrimp.

19 lbs? That would get me through an afternoon.

Mrs. Ble and I spent the last 6 days or so down in FL sightseeing around the area that the potential job I posted in the rant room would be in. The company was wanting me down Monday-Wednesday to meet with some folks, so I felt like that was the best time for us to see the area together. We had a good time and got to see some good friends that moved to Miami last year, so it was a good trip. We'll see what happens on the job front...

Did the TSA agents say anything to you about your private bits? (They have the full body see-through scanners in Charlotte.)

^No, but when I got home and unpacked, I got the little notice that the TSA opened up and inspected one of my checked bags. We repacked the last night, and put all the dirty laundry from 3 nights of camping, hiking, rafting, etc. in one bag and the clean stuff in the other. They looked through the dirty one, serves them right. I hope they enjoyed the undies I wore hiking for 8 hours.

Back