Washing machine broke, technically minded help please!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to be way more clear than it "broke again". Are you saying it turns off mid cycle? Or won't even start up once the button is pushed? Once I have specific details, I can give you some pointers and things to double check.

Ended up with dirty laundry water flooding my laundry room and kitchen. One thing gets fixed another one breaks. Now it won't drain and only fills up, and overfills.

Screw it, time for a new one.

Ended up with dirty laundry water flooding my laundry room and kitchen. One thing gets fixed another one breaks. Now it won't drain and only fills up, and overfills.

Don't buy a front load. I was given this advice and did not listen. Big mistake.

Don't buy a front load. I was given this advice and did not listen. Big mistake.
you must be taller than 5'3" I wouldn't trade my front loaders to have to struggle to get things out of the bottom of the washer again.

you must be taller than 5'3" I wouldn't trade my front loaders to have to struggle to get things out of the bottom of the washer again.
Google front load washer reviews and problems.

We gave our $1,100.00 two year old one away.

The mold and smell was tough to deal with.

funny-short-girl-inside-washing-machine.jpg

Google front load washer reviews and problems.

We gave our $1,100.00 two year old one away.

The mold and smell was tough to deal with.
I am always amazed by how if I forget to leave the door open after a wash even once, that f'ing thing stinks of mold/mildew so bad you can smell it throughout the downstairs.

We have a front loader. Like a baby, we have to wipe the thing down after every load.

We have a front loader. Just leave the door open and run the cleaning cycle with bleach and you shouldn't have any troubles.

Also, don't buy one of those LG or Samsung washers. They leak from what my coworkers tell me.

We have a front loader. Just leave the door open and run the cleaning cycle with bleach and you shouldn't have any troubles.

Also, don't buy one of those LG or Samsung washers. They leak from what my coworkers tell me.
honestly, on laundry day, I just wash the whites last and the bleach from that washer load must be good enough, I think I've cleaned the machine maybe three times in 7 years, and my husband often forgets to leave the door open but as long as I catch it with in a day it seems to be fine

honestly, on laundry day, I just wash the whites last and the bleach from that washer load must be good enough, I think I've cleaned the machine maybe three times in 7 years, and my husband often forgets to leave the door open but as long as I catch it with in a day it seems to be fine
We wash our clothes with a little bit of vinegar. It seems to help keep things fresh for some reason. I'm not sure what the chemistry is when mixed with detergent but the clothes and towels have a fresher smell for a longer period of time also. Probably the real reason why we hardly ever have to clean the front load washer is because it hardly goes a day without running. Before using vinegar, all of our clothes and towels had a musky smell (especially the towels after getting wet) no matter what we did. this was probably due the our well water chemistry but it's fixed now with the vinegar.

Back