Waiting Sucks

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeysVee

MASTER SPAMMER!
Reaction score
Waiting sucks and it's hard to believe we all have to wait sooo much longer!

Are any of you studying in the mean time just in case you don't pass? I've been thinking about it...maybe it will make all this time pass by quicker...who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the love of all things good, do not study between now and results. You will drive yourself nuts second guessing things you did on the exam. Just let your brain breathe while you wait for the passing letter.

Can't they give a prelim score and let us know something. Last I heard scantrons were pretty quick and easy to grade.

One good thing to do in the meantime is thank your lucky stars you didn’t take the exam in California. Unless of course you did.

I took my ME PE in CA and I wish after 3 months that I will totally forget why CA send me the letter for...

Hey joey, I remember you from a few years back [when I was trying to pass the SE I]. is this the first time you've taken the exam since then? How do you feel about it?

I just tried the SE II. I would have felt better had there been more time.

I am trying to forget the exam as I think on some I left my brain at home for some of the problems. I have gone through some of the problems I had issues with and worked them out but I am not studying, just maybe reviewing from time to time. I re-introduced myself to my workshop where I have a 1970 455 Buick GS that I am customizing and a 1960 901 ford tractor that I am also restoring. This will help keep my mind off the exam.

Yes, waiting does indeed suck! I'm definitely not doing any studying until I receive my pass/fail letter (which will be one of the latest to be delivered based on previous history - Oregon) even though I only feel 50/50 about my results.

Hey joey, I remember you from a few years back [when I was trying to pass the SE I]. is this the first time you've taken the exam since then? How do you feel about it?
I just tried the SE II. I would have felt better had there been more time.
This is the 1st time I've taken the exam since Apr 06....this is how I think I did...

http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=10482

Good Luck on the SEII!

I may crack the books back open for a weekend or something to just try and stay fresh on everything then hit it wide open again once I get my letter if I fail.

Don't. I'd do nothing until the letter arrived.

Just relax for a couple of months.

Seriously! Pick up War & Peace. . .take up thai kwon do. . .finish whatever house project which has been left unfinished forever (everyone has one of those). . .enter in a half marathon or something. The cognitive thought part of your melon needs an F'N break

it amuses me that it's barely been a week and we already have people whining about the wait. If you think it's bad now you are in real trouble, it only gets worse from here. And Joey, being that you are in S.C. you are likely going to be the first to get your results so you have it good.

Relax and try not to think about the exam for a few weeks.

^I agree. I took the exam this fall and I really don't want to even think about it right now. I'm just glad that it's over and I can get back to a normal life. I'll worry about the results around Christmas.

Waiting sucks and it's hard to believe we all have to wait sooo much longer!
Are any of you studying in the mean time just in case you don't pass? I've been thinking about it...maybe it will make all this time pass by quicker...who knows.

I didn't study after the test, I don't think I could have, but you are all right the waiting was worse than the studying.

I agree that no need for study now becase you don't know your percentages. I would said start to study after you received the diagonse letter.

it amuses me that it's barely been a week and we already have people whining about the wait. If you think it's bad now you are in real trouble, it only gets worse from here. And Joey, being that you are in S.C. you are likely going to be the first to get your results so you have it good.
Relax and try not to think about the exam for a few weeks.
Why does the people in SC get theirs first?

Back