VIRGINIA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so who sends the results to US, is it DPOR? or EES?

EES said they do, and not all the VA letters were sent, and to expect it at the end of the week.

is this right?

so who sends the results to US, is it DPOR? or EES?
EES said they do, and not all the VA letters were sent, and to expect it at the end of the week.

is this right?
EES/PCS sends results to DPOR. DPOR sends letters to us.

so were the results sent to VA? from what I can guess no... this is insane

DPOR license lookup is down!!!! as of 8:13 AM... It was up and running around 7:30 AM... good news?? MAYBE!?!?!?! Are they updating it???!!!!

Update: It's back up 10 minutes later and I don't see any updates... hmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as what KOMAR said, NCEES has not updated their website for April 2009 as of 8:20 this morning.

A colleague called DPOR yesterday and they told him that they don't have the results yet!!! so I guess there will be no updates before the end of next week. This contradicts statements made by EES that the results were mailed last week. I personally can't see the wisdom behind all of this.

I'm guessing they are just saying that. Probably don't want people hounding them and saying, "Well can you tell me?" Maybe they don't "have them" until they are officially posted?

It was up this morning, then it went down, but now it's back up... so no updates.

Guess I'll still count on Monday or Tuesday.

I do be right, and n't think they are just saying that. If so then the EES guy would not have told me yesterday that not all the results were mailed. I mean you might be right and I hope that you are, but it is just not making sense. I feel that keeping in the dark is not helping anyone.

As far as what KOMAR said, NCEES has not updated their website for April 2009 as of 8:20 this morning.
Komar is referring to the pass rates being posted on the NCEES site. They have been updated today. Six months ago Virginia and Maryland both posted results shortly after the NCEES posted the pass rates.

Komar is referring to the pass rates being posted on the NCEES site. They have been updated today. Six months ago Virginia and Maryland both posted results shortly after the NCEES posted the pass rates.
I don't know about Virginia but Maryland has confirmed that results are coming out next week....

Based on the NCEES (which they must have posted after 8:30 AM) 72% pass rate for mechanical first timers... not bad. Glad I'm not structural.

Based on the NCEES (which they must have posted after 8:30 AM) 72% pass rate for mechanical first timers... not bad. Glad I'm not structural.
62% Civil...always the same really but now that its in print Im kind of nervous...

Structural has historically always had low pass rates.... I don't know the exact reason.... But it did go up couple of points from last October!

Electrical is low as well, 63% and 28%. I hope I'm in that 28% for repeat takers (2nd time for me) although I'm not sure how that really applies this time since April 2009 was an all new electrical exam. Based on previous years, I'm sure we won't find out until Monday at the earliest, probably Tuesday because of the holiday. Relax and take it easy for the 4th!

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted earlier, I've been monitoring this site and the NCEES pass rate for the last couple weeks waiting and waiting and waiting for the results...again. This is my second time taking the exam.

I really expected the results this week; based on the fact that the last results were posted on either 01/05/09 or 01/06/09. I received my failure letter on 01/10/09 dated 01/08/09. So with this in mind I figured the results this round would be posted (pass only) on 07/01/09 thru 07/03/09. I based this on the fact that the last exam wait was through two holiday periods, which must people and certainly government worker would receive two vacation days for both hoildays.

At any rate if the license look-up is not updated today then there is no reason DPOR should'nt start posting on Monday. Keep in mind that the names might not be added all at once. So once a Va candidate notices his or her name on the site and lets us all know, it may take a day or two before all names are posted.

Good Luck!

Jarey

DPOR said they don't even have the results. So I would not expect results before Tuesday of next week. They either have them or they don't, and if they do, they would have had them for a couple of days now since it was sent to them late last week. I think they have them and did nothing with them. I am not sure if they ever released any results before 10 weeks.

I think they will upload these things into the system Monday and we will be able to check the site on Tuesday. Also I read somewhere that EES send them the information electronically so I am not sure they would need to do much with it. I think all the names of those who passed would appear all at the same time.

DPOR said they don't even have the results. So I would not expect results before Tuesday of next week. They either have them or they don't, and if they do, they would have had them for a couple of days now since it was sent to them late last week. I think they have them and did nothing with them. I am not sure if they ever released any results before 10 weeks.
I think they will upload these things into the system Monday and we will be able to check the site on Tuesday. Also I read somewhere that EES send them the information electronically so I am not sure they would need to do much with it. I think all the names of those who passed would appear all at the same time.
Is that info as of today?

Tara at EES said results are sent by US Postal Service.

Back