VIRGINIA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i never took that rules and regs exam so i guess there might still be hope for me. Just when i was beginning to accept having to take it again I get sucked back into waiting. Any confirmation on the DPOR update or snail mail yet?

The letter with the test were mailed out Monday according to DPOR. I live 40 minutes from their office and still did not have my letter as of Wednesday at lunch so I called them again. They left me a copy of the rules and regulations test at the counter for me. I filled it out and turned it back in the same afternoon. MAKE SURE YOU GET A RECEIPT IF YOU DO THIS. They now have all my stuff so now there should be no more problems. I would recommend that you be assertive and ask for a test faxed to your office if you have not received the test yet. It was the boards repsonsibility to mail you their test, that's what it says on their own appilcation.

Call them, they will work with you.
just called them, said they mailed out the take home exam this week with my results. Unfortunatly they couldnt give me any more info over the phone. Too bad for me Charleston SC is a little more than 40 minutes away from them or i would just drop by as well. Thanks for the advice

I receieved a similar packet. . . does anyone know when we will receive the certificate?

Also, does anyone know the average PE score for Civil in VA?

I receieved a similar packet. . . does anyone know when we will receive the certificate?
Also, does anyone know the average PE score for Civil in VA?

I talked to DPOR this morning and they will email you the take home exam and you can email it back as soon as you finish it. Instead of waiting for the take home exam in the mail.

Does the packet state whether you passed or failed or did it just include the take home test?

The letter included my score and a "congrats". I took the take home test before I sat for the exam.

I talked to DPOR this morning and they will email you the take home exam and you can email it back as soon as you finish it. Instead of waiting for the take home exam in the mail.
Does the packet state whether you passed or failed or did it just include the take home test?
when i talked to DPOR today, she said that the results will be mailed with the take home exam, so i would assume you would know ifyou passed the NCEES exam when you get that letter. not 100% though

when i talked to DPOR today, she said that the results will be mailed with the take home exam, so i would assume you would know ifyou passed the NCEES exam when you get that letter. not 100% though

I believe you. It's frustrating though that one person is told one thing when they call, and someone else will call the same day and be told something completely different.

Got the letter today. Passed the exam but have to do the regulations take home test.

Does anybody knows the cut-off score for Electrical? I think they disclose it the letter to those who failed. This was my second try, so do not give up if you failed. Good luck!

Got the letter today. Passed the exam but have to do the regulations take home test.
Does anybody knows the cut-off score for Electrical? I think they disclose it the letter to those who failed. This was my second try, so do not give up if you failed. Good luck!

I got the letter in the mail today also! My score was on there which I didn't think they were giving out anymore. Be ready to wait when you turn in this rules exam.

I am finally posted to the website. Get those Rules and Regulations test in as quick as you can! They took a day and a half to process mine and post me to the website.

:party-smiley-048:

I am finally posted to the website. Get those Rules and Regulations test in as quick as you can! They took a day and a half to process mine and post me to the website.
:party-smiley-048:
congratulations! still havent gotten my letter down here in SC. maybe tommorrow

The letter included my score and a "congrats". I took the take home test before I sat for the exam.
I passed too. Was your score "71"? I thought they were only going to tell you you met the minimum score if you passed and your exact score if you did not. I'm just curious if I simply squeaked by or if this is just the standard reply.

got my letter today, I Passed!!!!! just need to do the take home exam. Thanks for all the support and advice on this emotional roller coaster DPOR has sent me on. :multiplespotting:

well, they wont let me e-mail the exam like native mentioned so i snail mailed it ot them today. at least its just a matter of when now and not if. have a good monday everyone

I passed too. Was your score "71"? I thought they were only going to tell you you met the minimum score if you passed and your exact score if you did not. I'm just curious if I simply squeaked by or if this is just the standard reply.

Nah man you made it by the skin of your teeth!

Someone mentioned "Emotional rollercoaster" and that really sums all this up. I took the Virginia PE exam in April too and got a letter around June 28th from DPOR. It wasn't thick (like having the application to retake the exam) but my name wasn't on the website like they mentioned. I opened it up and it told me that my application was going to run out at the end of December. I was freaking out. I couldn't believe they sent this letter at a time when we were looking for results. So a friend who took the exam here in Richmond but lives in Roanoke got his name on the website July 2nd and I just figured it was over for me. I went another week before checking because of the disappointment. So I get my letter last thursday and of course have been checking the website and my name isn't on it so I'm thinking well better start preparing for the worst. So I open the letter knowing full well that I didn't pass and low and behold it says:

“We are pleased to inform you that you have achieved a passing score of XX on the Professional Engineer (PE) examination.”

I literally cried. The reason I don't (still) have my name on the website is because of the "examination on regulation". Why was I even allowed to take the exam without having this out of the way. I first took the PE in April 2003 and didn't even reapply till December 2006. The statute was enacted on Feb. 1, 2007 and I didn't apply to take the exam until december of 2008. Why would they not send that to me in the mail before I sat for the exam. Is it truly that hard to keep up with all this material?

I'm continually frustrated with the DPOR. At least they moved the exam location in Richmond from the flea-bag hotel to the Richmond Conference Center. I guess things can ONLY get better.

Congrats to all that passed the exam!

I failed the ME Mach. Design PE again with a 68 this time vs 65. I improved in some areas and got worse in others. The afternoon did me in. Those five or so problems I new I just blew would have come in handy.

Alright, so what's the newest info on CE's? Are they going to give any info on their requirements that kicked in this year or are we just to wonder?

Back