Virginia results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could it be that they haven't finished updating for all the April 2008 exam takers? I'm probably grasping.
Isn't it pathetic that in today's "connected age", no state that I know of has a website where you can punch in your name and find your results (pending, pass, fail)? It ain't exactly rocket science!

You'd think with all the money NCEES collects that they could provide direct exam feedback.

This is my first post, but I've been lurking for quite a while now. As I searched for my name this morning on dpor for what seemed like the 1000th striaght day, it still did not come up, however I noticed that others whom I knew took the exam the same day as me did. So I find myself in slight disbelief, of coure I realized the possibility of not passing, but I wasn't really ready. I thought I did ok.
Anyway, I'm looking for any glimmer of hope until I actually get a letter.

On the license lookup, typing in 04020442** gets you 81 results.

0443** gets 66

0444** gets 42

0445** gets 70

0446** gets 74

Could it be that they haven't finished updating for all the April 2008 exam takers? I'm probably grasping.

04020442** gets 81 (earlier night the number was 72: that means 9 additions)

04020443** gets 66 (earlier night the number was 36: that means 30 additions)

04020444** gets 42 (earlier night the number was 9: that means 33 additions)

04020445** gets 70

04020446** gets 74

My expectation was that the search result should have gone up to 75-85 range. It is too low. Is the update completed, or it is still in progress.

I was wondering whether the pass rate this year is too low, lower than the national average in previous years. We remain finger crossed.

Count me among those with you...

Hey guys, (1st time poster)

Just want to give some of you some peace of mind. The following is part of an e-mail from yesterday morning that I recieved in answer to an e-mail question sent to DPOR:

"Yes I received the results today (Tuesday June 24). I am processing them now. Usually it take me 3 days to complete the process. The License Lookup is updated every night for the next day."

Sure enough, I checked the DPOR site at 4am (Wednesday June 25) and saw my name (and 3 other guys I took it with) listed. I'm not sure the order in which they are updated since our surname initials are C, F, N, and R; but to any who didn't see their names listed don't despair. If you don't see your name listed by Friday morning, proceed to despair.

Hey guys, (1st time poster)Just want to give some of you some peace of mind. The following is part of an e-mail from yesterday morning that I recieved in answer to an e-mail question sent to DPOR:

"Yes I received the results today (Tuesday June 24). I am processing them now. Usually it take me 3 days to complete the process. The License Lookup is updated every night for the next day."

Sure enough, I checked the DPOR site at 4am (Wednesday June 25) and saw my name (and 3 other guys I took it with) listed. I'm not sure the order in which they are updated since our surname initials are C, F, N, and R; but to any who didn't see their names listed don't despair. If you don't see your name listed by Friday morning, proceed to despair.
Well, I'm feeling rather hopeless right now. I'm sitting in Jamaica in a beautiful place and I'm just about to cry at the idea of studying for all this EE stuff AGAIN. I'll take some heart in that they might not be complete. My surname starts with B and I'm a bit down about it all. :( Fortunately, there are plenty of bars around here.

Has anyone received an actual letter yet?

Thanks to everyone for all of the input and advice - it's been quite cathartic! :)

Finally, I made it. Thanks to EngineerBoards.com for letting me know the result was out. This morning, I was not sure whether I should check this website first or the DPOR VA website. I checked the EB.com, and the "Virginia Results" Thread was on top of the list, and clicked on it. Then, I rushed to DPOR VA to find my name. Scrolled down. Wow! I made it. It happened in just first time.
My message to those who could not make it on first time is: Focus on Syllabus. I passed without any Guidebook, without any coaching classes, without any special PE EXam specific books or tutoring services. You can do it. I downloaded the reports and research papers from Internet whenever I was not sure about the contents in the syllabus, and the reference books could not address the issue properly to the level of my satisfaction.

Thanks to DPOR VA for finally making the wait worth.

What next?

:party-smiley-048: :multiplespotting:
I did the same with what you said "Focus on Syllabus. I passed without any Guidebook, without any coaching classes, without any special PE EXam specific books or tutoring services. You can do it. I downloaded the reports and research papers from Internet whenever I was not sure about the contents in the syllabus, and the reference books could not address the issue properly to the level of my satisfaction. "

and I passed it in the second time.

:multiplespotting:

Last April it seemed as though they uploaded them all at one time. Sounds like they might be doing it different this time.
….. another one grasping

This is my first post, but I've been following along since early June. I found out yesterday that I passed!!! I'm absolutely shocked because I thought it was very difficult (Mechanical w/ Thermal Fluids depth). For anyone who hasen't seen their name on the DPOR website, be sure that you completed and sent in your test that we were all mailed after our PE application. I have a friend who felt really good about the exam and only guessed on 3 or 4 questions. His name doesn't show up on the DPOR website, and I think it's because he hasn't mailed in that test yet. Maybe another glimmer of hope?

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who hasen't seen their name on the DPOR website, be sure that you completed and sent in your test that we were all mailed after our PE application.
Would you be able to elaborate or describe what you're referring to? Was it the exam application, something for PCS?

By the way, looks like only one more name was added last night to the 044300-044499 group last night. 109/200.

Would you be able to elaborate or describe what you're referring to? Was it the exam application, something for PCS?
By the way, looks like only one more name was added last night to the 044300-044499 group last night. 109/200.

That may have been a mech. thing because we didn't have to mail anything out after the test. At the testing center we filled out a few exit forms and that was it.

---

Again, DPOR isn't updating all at once as the person who's entering them indicated it'll take at least 3 days, so if you're names not up don't panic unless a week's gone by and it's not up. Even then hold out hope for the mailed letters as I'm pretty sure no one has received those yet.

---

On another note: is it just me or does anyone else find passing the exam as anticlimactic? I'm certainly thrilled I passed, but I think the wait for results dulls it somewhat. You're excited to apply, you're excited to prepare, you're excited to sit, and then you wait. Especially when you begin seeing other states release results, then you are less focused on all the benefits of passing and you just want to know whether you passed, or if you need to start mentally preparing to retake. Who knows, it may sink in the next few days but for now I'm just relieved that PCS/DPOR has allowed some of us to escape the torture chamber.

I think what he's referring to is the regulations test that DPOR sends you after you submit the application. I submitted my app right before the deadline in December and received a short test from DPOR with a letter stating that it was part of the registration package. It's a very simple test covering the material in the APELSCIDLA Board Regulations pdf file on their website.

On another note: is it just me or does anyone else find passing the exam as anticlimactic? I'm certainly thrilled I passed, but I think the wait for results dulls it somewhat. You're excited to apply, you're excited to prepare, you're excited to sit, and then you wait. Especially when you begin seeing other states release results, then you are less focused on all the benefits of passing and you just want to know whether you passed, or if you need to start mentally preparing to retake. Who knows, it may sink in the next few days but for now I'm just relieved that PCS/DPOR has allowed some of us to escape the torture chamber.
I was pretty excited despite the wait. I even bought myself a mocha on the way to work yesterday morning and some mexican for dinner. I think my excitement and relief stems from knowing that, if I hadn't passed, I wouldn't have been able to retake it for a couple years due to our first baby coming in October and a coming military vacation to sunny destinations after that (we're currently doing a special on tours through biblical lands).

I would think in this day and age it would take 1 day to complete the process. Maybe that person is overloaded with other work to do. Either that or he/she is an extremely slow typer. Database management isn't that difficult and is supposed to make things more quick/efficient if used correctly!

Now if they were to put a status such as "pending", "fail", or "pass", into the web database, the process would be longer since they would have to input EVERY single applicant's name into the database. In this case, they're only inputting the names of those who have passed! That's why I believe it shouldn't take 3 days to do this... I just feel sorry for those stuck in this state of suspense.

It's probably the same poor person who has to handle all the calls from us too.

I'm just having a hard time believing that it is taking them 3 days to add names. But I also have trouble believing that only 90-100 people passed (am I correct in that only that many new licensees were added?)

I don't know what to think, but I'm pretty sure I need to stop hoping that they just haven't added my name to the website yet -- it just doesn't seem realistic. :(

The process that I used to monitor the DPOR website for new licenses was to enter a *, (wildcard), for the Name on the license lookup webpage and check the Professional Engineers box. On Tuesday night, it would return, "Your search returned more than 3000 records." Below this statement, it would say that there was 28,159 records found. If you perform the same procedure now, it says there are 28,346 records found. I am assuming that this difference, 187 new records, is the number of licenses added since Tuesday night. If when you checked, there were only 90-100 new licenses added, maybe they are adding names in smaller batches rather than all at once.

Nessie... you're right; 90-100 does seem low. According to March 2008 edition of The Virginia Engineer, "Over 140 candidates from Virginia successfully passed the October 2007 Professional Engineer licensing exam." The article is at... http://www.vaeng.com/feature/over-140-cand...es-pass-pe-exam

The September 2007 edition states, "Over 170 candidates from Virginia successfully passed the April 2007 Professional Licensing exam."

So if your range is correct, then it looks like we should expect some more, hopefully tomorrow. Maybe the typing person was just out getting a sandwich.

I think what he's referring to is the regulations test that DPOR sends you after you submit the application. I submitted my app right before the deadline in December and received a short test from DPOR with a letter stating that it was part of the registration package. It's a very simple test covering the material in the APELSCIDLA Board Regulations pdf file on their website.
Yep. That's exactly what I'm referring to. Sorry I was so unclear about what I was talking about earlier. And it's not a mechanical thing because my really smart friend is electrical and he was mailed the same regulations test right after he sent in his application. I'm almost positive that he passed the PE but he's not going to be issued a license number until he mails in that simple little regulations test. BTW, I don't believe there's any deadline as to when the regulations test needs to be mailed in...you just wont get a license until you mail it in. So if I'm correct, my friend will be receiving a letter in the mail soon explaining that he passed the PE, but his license is pending based on completion of the regulations test.

Latest posts

Back