VIRGINIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since all Richmond area schools are on a 2 hour delay this morning, I would suspect that if the data entry people have kids there won't be any results posted anytime soon this morning. Not that there would be anyway.

Imagined conversation at DPOR this morning:

"Morning, Sue"

"Morning, Bill"

"Good 4 day weekend?"

"Meh, didn't really do much. Not too much different than being at work, ya know?"

"I hear ya. Wow, it's nearly 8:30, should probably put on another pot of coffee. I have all these words and names to type today....or tomorrow."

"Yeah, what's the rush? Not like we can get fired or anything?

"hahahahahaha"

"hahahahahaha"

"So, did you see American Idol last night......?"

SapperPE said:
Two things:
1. Are we seriously on a two hour delay today? Why in the hell would we be on a two hour delay today. I live on the Southside and, yes it is wet, but I don't see any ice anywhere.

2. As a former state agency employee I can say that your imaginary conversation is probably about 90% correct. I think the evil, hysterical laughter is actually not realistic, but the rest of it is spot on.

Unless you're in Hanover, then you're closed.

Since all Richmond area schools are on a 2 hour delay this morning, I would suspect that if the data entry people have kids there won't be any results posted anytime soon this morning. Not that there would be anyway.
Imagined conversation at DPOR this morning:

"Morning, Sue"

"Morning, Bill"

"Good 4 day weekend?"

"Meh, didn't really do much. Not too much different than being at work, ya know?"

"I hear ya. Wow, it's nearly 8:30, should probably put on another pot of coffee. I have all these words and names to type today....or tomorrow."

"Yeah, what's the rush? Not like we can get fired or anything?

"hahahahahaha"

"hahahahahaha"

"So, did you see American Idol last night......?"
I like it. DPOR seems to be driving us nuts enough for us to imagine their conversations. Classsic!

Has anyone contacted DPOR today to get an update?

I emailed last week about 4 times and I think they are getting pissed at me.

Has anyone contacted DPOR today to get an update?
I emailed last week about 4 times and I think they are getting pissed at me.
They had 4 day weekend.. It will take another day or two for them to get back to where they left last Thursday...

I talked to someone who did not pass the FE and got a scaled score.

I would like a score so that I can compare and brag (if possible) against coworkers scores.

I am almost to the point to just say the heck with it and check it after the superbowl. This whole thing is just ridiculous.

How will we all feel tomorrow after we find our names in the license lookup?

All I can say is that I am still thankful that Virginia allowed NCEES to tell us we passed. If not, I would have been completely insane by now.

I am not so sure that they look up will be updated tommorrow. I think they are having some real issues with the update. I guess we will see. I am witha as well Sandman onthe NCEES results. I am glad for that, however, it just seems like there is no closure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't expect DPOR update or letter soon. And I too doubt they are having some issues. I stopped checking DPOR. Will check DPOR only after reading in Board.

DPOR is not serious. Just wondering what is taking so long time to them???? Literally they don't have to do anything.

I don't expect DPOR update or letter soon. And I too doubt they are having some issues. I stopped checking DPOR. Will check DPOR only after reading in Board. DPOR is not serious. Just wondering what is taking so long time to them???? Literally they don't have to do anything.
You guys are killing my hope. I was hoping for closure after their 4 day weekend, where they come back refreshed with a new look on life, a short week, and thet get somne work done on the Tuesday. Where they say, to hell with trying to do it the old way and simply push upload, the old way it doesn't work, lets just do by hand, get this burden behind us.

Anyway, I still have hope for soon. I would really like the snail mail to arrive as well. They typically send the snail mail when the gets things uploaded, which is normally right after they get it. Since they are having all of theses issues, one would think they could have still mailed us our pacakge while copying or reataining enough to fix their stuff. Just saying!

uuuugggghhh! DPOR site is back up, they added a couple more names, but not those of us from VA. I had big hopes for today, this is so frustrating.

It has been three weeks today since NCEES released results. I mean really, is it that f'ing hard. :brickwall: :deadhorse:

uuuugggghhh! DPOR site is back up, they added a couple more names, but not those of us from VA. I had big hopes for today, this is so frustrating.
It has been three weeks today since NCEES released results. I mean really, is it that f'ing hard. :brickwall: :deadhorse:
At least you got your results that early, I had to wait until the 5th to get mine.

Don’t be too excited. It was 29902 when the results were rolled out then 29904.. 299908.. 29914.. 29922.. and now 29928.. Those names are added by comity and it has nothing to do with new names from VA.

At least you got your results that early, I had to wait until the 5th to get mine.
I didn't get the results from MyNCEES until the 5th as well (2 weeks now) but it is my understanding that NCEES released on the 28th of December. I can only assume that DPOR received results from PCS on the 5th as well and has had their technical difficulties ever since. I am just surprised at the level of technical difficulties they must have for them to still not be able to move forward. I have heard that people who passed the FE have already received their letters. Any other engineers I have spoken with state that this is the longest they have seen it drag out.

I emailed them again today asking for any type of update. No reply yet, not surprised.

I didn't get the results from MyNCEES until the 5th as well (2 weeks now) but it is my understanding that NCEES released on the 28th of December. I can only assume that DPOR received results from PCS on the 5th as well and has had their technical difficulties ever since. I am just surprised at the level of technical difficulties they must have for them to still not be able to move forward. I have heard that people who passed the FE have already received their letters. Any other engineers I have spoken with state that this is the longest they have seen it drag out.

I emailed them again today asking for any type of update. No reply yet, not surprised.
I emailed the DPOR yesterday and have yet to hear a response. I just emailed PCS since DPOR is blaming them for the file transfer technical dificulties.

I was told that when DPOR gets the correct file from PCS, the License Lookup, the licenses and the pass letters are automatically generated. DPOR says that the problem is the new NCEES system. That would be understandable if DPOR hadn't already mailed FE letters. I would assume that the FE letters would also be generated automatically as well.

Do we know if the Licensed Surveyors examinees have recieved their letters or seen their nam on the License Lookup?

I emailed the DPOR yesterday and have yet to hear a response. I just emailed PCS since DPOR is blaming them for the file transfer technical dificulties.

I was told that when DPOR gets the correct file from PCS, the License Lookup, the licenses and the pass letters are automatically generated. DPOR says that the problem is the new NCEES system. That would be understandable if DPOR hadn't already mailed FE letters. I would assume that the FE letters would also be generated automatically as well.

Do we know if the Licensed Surveyors examinees have recieved their letters or seen their nam on the License Lookup?
Sapper PE posted something about that last week in this same forum. http://engineerboards.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=6864223

Made it seemed like the letter was received, but not sure about the license lookup thing.

SapperPE received FS results but I am curious if anyone received PS results by mail or license lookup.

The people in my office who took the FE gottheir letters last week in my neck of the woods. I am really frustrated. I emailed them again today as well, no response as of yet.

The people in my office who took the FE gottheir letters last week in my neck of the woods. I am really frustrated. I emailed them again today as well, no response as of yet.

Back