VIRGINIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recieved a letter from DPOR today telling me I needed to register for the next exam by February 18th and that inorder to do so, I had to have an NCEES account....really, are u kidding me? I have an NCEES account with a passing letter and waiting for DPOR to post the results. Oh and the funny part is, they mention in the letter that deadlines are very important, what a freakin joke! People that failed the exam might want there diagnostic prior to registration, what about that deadline. Did anyone else get the same letter?

I emailed them about the letter, this was the response:

DPOR Response:

Please disregard that letter. It’s a standard letter that generates when candidates have been approved to take the exam. Since the scores have not been posted for the October 2010 exam the system is pulling everyone that is approved to take the April 2011 exam. What NCEES e-mail letter and website states in your account is valid. I am so sorry for the confusion.

Sorry for your painful wait VA, but I had to post this. Something about the whole situation reminded me of this:

The DPOR Automated System Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line January 4th, 2011. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense and sending out correspondence. The automated DPOR system begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 4:24 p.m. Eastern time, January 20th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

:blowup:

In this case, Skynet = DPOR :rotflmao:

dont waste your time tommorrow:

just gotthis email from DPOR

DPOR Response:

I just got an e-mail and the scores will not be posted tomorrow. IT is still working on the format. It’s bigger than what we thought. I will keep you informed when I get updated.

mabey next week.

I recieved a letter from DPOR today telling me I needed to register for the next exam by February 18th and that inorder to do so, I had to have an NCEES account....really, are u kidding me? I have an NCEES account with a passing letter and waiting for DPOR to post the results. Oh and the funny part is, they mention in the letter that deadlines are very important, what a freakin joke! People that failed the exam might want there diagnostic prior to registration, what about that deadline. Did anyone else get the same letter?
I got the same letter.

SapperPE said:
Alright folks. I agree with you all that it is ridiculous, but keep in mind the following words from your results notice:
"PE Examinees

If you were originally approved by the Virginia APELSCIDLA Board to take the exam, your license will be automatically

issued. Please allow at least two (2) months before expecting to receive your license and frame-able wall certificate in

the mail. Please do not call the board staff to check the status of your issued license until at least two (2) months have

passed, as calling will slow the issuance process. However, if you have other questions, please feel free to contact the

board staff at any time."
At this time we are just waiting DPOR to validate NCEES result by letter and website because they said they will send letters.....

Not bugging for license and certification.

Response from DPOR yesterday:

Unfortunately, we are experiencing some technical difficulties with the posting format and our IT Department is working quickly to resolve this situation. Once they correct the format and test it, then the pass/fail letters and licenses will be issued. The License Lookup will be updated as well. You may e-mail me directly and I will give you the updates as I get them.

Same response as always except I was given an actually person's name and email address. Sure will be nice when I can stop checking.

SapperPE said:
Alright folks. I agree with you all that it is ridiculous, but keep in mind the following words from your results notice:
"PE Examinees

If you were originally approved by the Virginia APELSCIDLA Board to take the exam, your license will be automatically

issued. Please allow at least two (2) months before expecting to receive your license and frame-able wall certificate in

the mail. Please do not call the board staff to check the status of your issued license until at least two (2) months have

passed, as calling will slow the issuance process. However, if you have other questions, please feel free to contact the

board staff at any time."
At this time we are just waiting DPOR to validate NCEES result by letter and website because they said they will send letters.....

Not bugging for license and certification.
I got that letter too, it surprised me. I don't know what they are doing over there. http://engineerboards.com/style_emoticons/...smileyballs.gif

I did not received any letters...but let me get this straight..your NCEES said you passed and you received a letter said you have to register for the PE exam in before Feb 18....is that mean you did not pass or pass but they don’t have records or what is going on guys ..I passed according to NCEES and I'm not welling to take any other result than PASS ...can someone explain please...thanks.

I did not received any letters...but let me get this straight..your NCEES said you passed and you received a letter said you have to register for the PE exam in before Feb 18....is that mean you did not pass or pass but they don’t have records or what is going on guys ..I passed according to NCEES and I'm not welling to take any other result than PASS ...can someone explain please...thanks.
That is exactly what I thought when I got the letter. am I supposed to register and take again for PE exam although the NCEES notified me passed the PE.

There is a new Important Announcement of the DPOR homepage.

Important Notice for October 2010 Professional Engineer Exam Candidates:

Due to a software error, the department is unable to load October 2010 exam grades into the system. While we work to address this problem, issuance of congratulatory letters and licenses will be delayed. Please visit the NCEES website www.ncees.org to view your score. We are working to resolve this matter as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

I guess them posting this means that they are not even close to fixing the problem. They could have manually processed the licenses for people that passed the PE by now. I guess there are only about 200 or so that passed. How long could that take?

Due to a software error, the department is unable to load October 2010 exam grades into the system. While we work to address this problem, issuance of congratulatory letters and licenses will be delayed. Please visit the NCEES website www.ncees.org to view your score. We are working to resolve this matter as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

I guess them posting this means that they are not even close to fixing the problem. They could have manually processed the licenses for people that passed the PE by now. I guess there are only about 200 or so that passed. How long could that take?
Does this mean that those who did not pass have received some sort of correspondence from DPOR such as a diagnostic?

Does this mean that those who did not pass have received some sort of correspondence from DPOR such as a diagnostic?
I would expect that those that didn't pass would have received their diagnostic report from the NCEES site.

So they were just doing nothing last three weeks and now they started to work on this. Anyway, lets keep waiting.

i am sure we have all succumb to the fact we will get official word from DPOR when they are ready but i have a question for the group. Since VADPOR has stated the results we have are official could we begin the process to get another state license by comity? I need to get that rolling and am wondering how that could happen with the current stalemate...

Back