VEGAS - OCT 19th - Jimmy Buffett

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im just sayin im gonna hang at the pool and spa and with my girlie and we're gonna have so much fun! 

I have hotel room keys for:

Cosmo

MGM

Ceasars

??

(based on one of your previous ideas to get into pools by having the hotel room keys)

I'm staying at the Elara. I should start keeping the keys! IM SILLY AND DIDNT EVEN TAKE MY OWN ADVICE

that river thing at MGM is awesome - they didnt even take away my fat tuesdays....

i got 72/day for nyc. i bet vegas is more expensive!but i also doubt you'd stay on the strip :p  

The job is right there!  

Usually the field office has to be less than a mile from the project.

But I cant do the Cosmo at $72/ day  - damn that sounds really low :(  Thats like Excalibur hotel money..

The job is right there!  

Usually the field office has to be less than a mile from the project.

But I cant do the Cosmo at $72/ day  - damn that sounds really low :(  Thats like Excalibur hotel money..
that wasn't for lodging, just for food. my hotel i required them to put me up at was over 430/night. lol

Ok good I was wondering where you sleep in NY for $72?

Id probably have to rent an apartment or something - but I guess I will day dream about it it for now if it becomes a reality - be cool to live there for < a year I think.

Ok good I was wondering where you sleep in NY for $72?

Id probably have to rent an apartment or something - but I guess I will day dream about it it for now if it becomes a reality - be cool to live there for < a year I think.
get an apt with a pool and i'll bring you white claw to float in said pool

Vdara has a nice setup for long-term stays.  You're right next door to Aria and Cosmo, tram ride to Bellagio.  Rooms all have kitchenettes and laundry, and it's about half the cost of Cosmo.  Cosmo is great for a vacation stay, but I wouldn't want to work out of there for months--just too busy.  Downside is there are no balcony rooms at Vdara and you don't get the young yoga-pants-wearing crowd as much, but you can always walk over to one of the bars at Cosmo for the evening to see that.

My wife's company won a job in NW Arizona, just outside of Laughlin.  I keep telling her she needs to do a site visit out there, even though they're subbing out that part of the work, since we could tack Vegas on to both ends of that trip.

I will try and not get my hopes up, I mainly took this job because we wanted to be able to Nomad  around to different places now that kids are 18 & up, - but my last year I was on mostly Denver jobs which probably would have put me back to consulting just because the commute sucks, but  I wouldn't complain about a stint in Vegas.  All the other Desert Stuff in the area is just as intriguing to me as the "Strip" -

But I could go see Barry Manilow like every Thursday ;)  

My company is talking about opening an office in Vegas, and they have asked me to get my Nevada PE.  I might be getting some company paid trips to Vegas for the next couple of years.

So CSB, take a look at that interchange and let me know the best way to build Tropicana under traffic (90K ADT) and not piss of MGM?  Apparently that's what wins the job!

& then I will rent a 3BR apartment for visitors and friends!

But I am having a a hard time focusing on this project because were like, if we re route Sammy Davis Blvd we can  decrease yadah yadah and my brain is then all:

tenor.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
But I am having a a hard time focusing on this project because were like, if we re route Sammy Davis Blvd we can  decrease yadah yadah and my brain is then all
Shhh... Sammy Davis is the "secret" way to get around the strip without all the mess of the Blvd.

https://www.nevadadot.com/home/showdocument?id=17085

HFS that's a lot of real estate. I'm going to assume that someone is going to suggested some ABC for that structure widening and I'm going to definitely say that offering the MGM some mind of shuttle/alternate parking would be great. 
So there's like more people going through that intersection in a day than live in all of Wyoming, right?  It's going to be  CF when the stadium opens.

Back