VA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SapperPE said:
Well, I got my failure notice on July 5th, 2006 and my pass notice on Jan 3rd, 2007.
I didn't make it last fall, hoping for better news this time!
yeeehawwwwww I got my results in VA....................................................

NATTTTTTTTTTTTTT :)

Just want to make sure.. you didn't get results.. right? I saw that the site has updated and is now at 29602.... those should just be commitys right???? The initial certification dates for those last few engineers is 1997.. but between the post and the change and my obsessive mind I just wanted to confirm....

It is so fraustrating to see other states started to get results and here we are waiting.....and checking DPOR.........

Just want to make sure.. you didn't get results.. right? I saw that the site has updated and is now at 29602.... those should just be commitys right???? The initial certification dates for those last few engineers is 1997.. but between the post and the change and my obsessive mind I just wanted to confirm....
The DPOR number now is 29583........................

the reason you are seeing the increase in number is because there are engineers who transfer their licenses to VA so as long as the increase is not substantial within a short period of time it's not what we are waiting for. The way I see it is that DPOR is pregnant but the contractions are not strong enough to decide we have to go to DPOR website and get the delivery :) Hang in there, the wait is killing us but that's ok , we will survive and hopefuly will hear the good news, maybe! I myself is getting so stressed because of the wait especially that I didn't do well in the afternoon.

Best luck to you all,

the reason you are seeing the increase in number is because there are engineers who transfer their licenses to VA so as long as the increase is not substantial within a short period of time it's not what we are waiting for. The way I see it is that DPOR is pregnant but the contractions are not strong enough to decide we have to go to DPOR website and get the delivery :) Hang in there, the wait is killing us but that's ok , we will survive and hopefuly will hear the good news, maybe! I myself is getting so stressed because of the wait especially that I didn't do well in the afternoon.

Best luck to you all,
Same to you. I also struggled on the afternoon part of the exam, and would really like to know if I need to get the studying started!

Don't know if you all saw this, but the pass rates are out for the April 2010 exam.

http://www.ncees.org/Exams/PE_exam.php (scroll down to the bottom)

According to DPOR's website, "Once received by the Board, the examination office processes and mails results within 1 week."

http://www.dpor.virginia.gov/dporweb/ape_examfaq.pdf

I think we all know that's not true, at least from what I gather from previous years. Maybe they don't realize we are all on a board reading when other states get their results and knowing that Virginia must have them by now.

I had a nightmare this weekend. I dreamt I had to retake the afternoon session only, but had to be present all morning. I kept trying to get ready but then realized I didn't have any of my books pulled together. I grabbed what I could, only to find out I had nothing to carry them with, so I had to carry them all by hand. I woke up in a sweat. Let's hope if I have to retake it, I'll find out with enough time to prepare!!! :D

Don't know if you all saw this, but the pass rates are out for the April 2010 exam.

According to DPOR's website, "Once received by the Board, the examination office processes and mails results within 1 week."

I think we all know that's not true, at least from what I gather from previous years. Maybe they don't realize we are all on a board reading when other states get their results and knowing that Virginia must have them by now.

I had a nightmare this weekend. I dreamt I had to retake the afternoon session only, but had to be present all morning. I kept trying to get ready but then realized I didn't have any of my books pulled together. I grabbed what I could, only to find out I had nothing to carry them with, so I had to carry them all by hand. I woke up in a sweat. Let's hope if I have to retake it, I'll find out with enough time to prepare!!! :D

Don't worry, you just dream sometimes of what you don't want to happen. All what your dream says is that you didn't do well in the afternoon but if you manage to get 33 right answers in the morning you only need 21 or 23 in the afternoon ( that's what I am hoping too ). I am a Hokie too by the way :) when did you graduate ? BEst luck to you

I've had those dreams for weeks... I just had baby #3 last week though so my nightmare is the possibility of having to try to study for this monstrosity again with three kids under the age of 4. You would think that the stress of a newborn and lack of sleep would help me ignore the clock ticking on the test results... but no.. it doesn't!

I have not posted in a while but good luck guys and stop checking the DPOR site! You still have 3 weeks to go results were posted first week of July last year.

The DPOR liscense lookup site it temporarily down.. maybe good news soon? It would definitely be earlier than I would have expected it....

All of the other states getting results is driving me insane.... why does VA have to be behind the times and rely on snail mail....

I've had those dreams for weeks... I just had baby #3 last week though so my nightmare is the possibility of having to try to study for this monstrosity again with three kids under the age of 4. You would think that the stress of a newborn and lack of sleep would help me ignore the clock ticking on the test results... but no.. it doesn't!
I hope you passed and don't have to worry about it but if you do have to retake don't worry about being able to study. I studied and passed the Oct. 09 exam with twins that were only 6 months old at the time of the exam. If I can do it, you can find a way too.

I hope you passed and don't have to worry about it but if you do have to retake don't worry about being able to study. I studied and passed the Oct. 09 exam with twins that were only 6 months old at the time of the exam. If I can do it, you can find a way too.
Any idea how the exam pass rates compare to those in the past?

Per NCEES website the passing rate for Civil April 2010 is 64%.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like DPOR is not going to send result until first week of July. Will check back at the end of the month. No more DPOR search.

Back