~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, we are now getting 6+ inches of snow, tonight/tomorrow. I am so done with this. I have 2-3 feet of snow in my yard.

We are also under a winter weather advisory. 4-7" predicted. I really don't know where I can put anymore snow from my driveway. LOL

I have the same problem. I now shovel a scoop of snow and walk it to the vacant lot across the street and dump it. This is crazy

On Wednesday last week we didn't get out of the 20s and it was snowing like crazy. This Wednesday it's going to be in the 70s with a slight chance of rain. No complaints.

that part is even crazier. yesterday we didn't rise above 25. half a foot of snow tonight/tomorrow. We are expecting temps in the high 40s low 50s back end of the week/weekend.

that part is even crazier. yesterday we didn't rise above 25. half a foot of snow tonight/tomorrow. We are expecting temps in the high 40s low 50s back end of the week/weekend
Boston is on a similar track. We just got ~ a foot last Thursday, got spared on Staurday and only got 4in. when they were predicting another 10+, sunny today and then another 4in. tomorrow. supposed to hit 40-50 on Thursday and Friday. PITA. At least my yard is big enough to throw it someplace but I'm damn sick of cleaning it off every other day.

What a fmess. parked the car Tuesday at 1pm and it didn't move again until Saturday. 3" of sleet then freezing rain, which was, luckily, just enough to be pretty here. My sister was without power a couple of days and her in laws just got power on Sunday at 7:30pm. They got an inch of freezing rain.

Cutting up fallen trees with a hand saw is an exciting workout method. I highly don't recommend it, although it really isn't bad if you pace yourself, and have a bombdiggity saw.

Aiken county got 1.75" of freezing rain. I think every tree in that county split and fell.

Then we got an earthquake Friday night. I thought a Chinook and a mining truck were headed towards the house at the same time.

I'm awaiting the asteroid impact that will complete the trifecta.

^I was going to ask if you felt the earthquake. The Mrs. and I were getting ready for bed and felt the bed shake. We thought it was the dogs at first, but then I noticed the ceiling fan shaking and realized what was going on.

^I was going to ask if you felt the earthquake. The Mrs. and I were getting ready for bed and felt the bed shake. We thought it was the dogs at first, but then I noticed the ceiling fan shaking and realized what was going on.

We called the cops, they didn't know what it was. Called the parents who live about twelve miles away and they felt it too, so we figured it was the Charleston fault. Called my sister who lives just south of 95/26 intersection and she didn't feel a thing.

It was a really weird feeling. cats were walking around slinking low to the ground afterwards.

We're supposed to get ~3 in. today too. Thursday-Friday prediction is for temps to get into the high 40's pushing 50. time to get rid of some of this accumulation.

We're supposed to get ~3 in. today too. Thursday-Friday prediction is for temps to get into the high 40's pushing 50. time to get rid of some of this accumulation.
yeah, I'm going back up on the roof to provide some relief. Also have to thaw them gutters

What a fmess. parked the car Tuesday at 1pm and it didn't move again until Saturday. 3" of sleet then freezing rain, which was, luckily, just enough to be pretty here. My sister was without power a couple of days and her in laws just got power on Sunday at 7:30pm. They got an inch of freezing rain.

Cutting up fallen trees with a hand saw is an exciting workout method. I highly don't recommend it, although it really isn't bad if you pace yourself, and have a bombdiggity saw.

Aiken county got 1.75" of freezing rain. I think every tree in that county split and fell.

Then we got an earthquake Friday night. I thought a Chinook and a mining truck were headed towards the house at the same time.

have friends in aiken that didn't get power back until like 8:30 last night.

have friends in aiken that didn't get power back until like 8:30 last night.

I wouldn't doubt it. The electric co-op down there said there was more damage than from Hurricane Hugo in 1989.

Back