~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the forecast for the rest of the week:
weather.jpg
I'll tell you I don't miss that "winter mix" of sleet/freezing rain.

We get this stuff called gropple at high elevation during our summer storms. it is like mini snowballs (up to 1/4") straight from heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, they are calling for 10-15" inches of snow here tomorrow, the real wet heavy branch snapping stuff, with lingering slop on Friday. Imagine how much that would be if it were the fluffy stuff.

Seriously though, it's Tax Day, what's with the blizzard. Looks like I'll be cancelling my long weekend.

I believe that I'm just South enought, that I'll get just rain. Thank god.

fraz: time for another bout of "I told you so" with the new Honda. LOL

We had the tornado sirens going off yesterday evening. One hit the ground about ~20 miles from the house.

I believe that I'm just South enought, that I'll get just rain. Thank god.
fraz: time for another bout of "I told you so" with the new Honda. LOL
I hope not. :true:

They were talking 10+ inches a couple days ago, but this morning the weather report said 3-6.

At least your office didn't have to move to WRJ in the snow!

I was cold, wet, and almost passed out between a mix of the dust, insulation, new carpeting, and paint getting my asthma going. My boss was nice enough to throw me out. It's a comination of him caring and not wanting to break the streak of "days lost to inury" on the mandatory office OSHA chart.

I can't complain though. I've got a couch, dry clothes, a big soft stuffed animal, and Star Trek TNG on while they're all doing work. I'm a firm believer that there's a bright spot to everything.

a big soft stuffed animal
...aaaaw
Why are you moving to WRJ? Instead of the Norwich Inn, you can now hit up The Filling Station.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I shouldn't mention that it is 83 F and a clear day here in Tallahassee. The pollen is still a complete bitch since the most rain that we have was maybe 1/10" .. just enough to add some moisture to the pollen on my car so that it is good and cemented on there now
1.gif

I think it is going to be a bitch of a summer this year ... :laugh:

JR

...aaaaw
Why are you moving to WRJ? Instead of the Norwich Inn, you can now hit up The Filling Station.
It's a long story, with way too much politics for a grunt engineer like me. I can see The Filling Station from my new window. Oh Boy. It's too bad the WRAP burnt down or I could have a real great time.

You take working next to the Inn and Dan & Whit's for granted until they're gone. I'd take the questionable cleanliness over the obvious filth of that PNC on Rt. 4 anyday.

At least Yama's is right over the bridge to NH though. That place kicks ass.

:laugh: damn you Al Gore!

It's snowing again, and another storm Monday. I usually enjoy the snow, but since they don't make snow shoes for crutches it sucks!

:laugh: damn you Al Gore!
It's snowing again, and another storm Monday. I usually enjoy the snow, but since they don't make snow shoes for crutches it sucks!

I've got a question, you guys talk about snowshoes all the time. What is the deal with them. It seems to me like it would be walking in the snow. What's the big attraction??? I used to ski twice a week before my knee exploded but never tried snow shoes. I'm not being a smart ass just honestly curious.

It is like walking -- or actually more like hiking. Normally you'd have to wait until summer to go hiking on all the trails around here or else you'd be in snow up to your hips, but with snowshoes you can just walk on the snow & see some beautiful places. Plus it's a lot less crowded in the woods in the winter.

It's a long story, with way too much politics for a grunt engineer like me. I can see The Filling Station from my new window. Oh Boy. It's too bad the WRAP burnt down or I could have a real great time.
You take working next to the Inn and Dan & Whit's for granted until they're gone. I'd take the questionable cleanliness over the obvious filth of that PNC on Rt. 4 anyday.

At least Yama's is right over the bridge to NH though. That place kicks ass.
PNC = GhettoShopper

What is Yama's??

I've got a question, you guys talk about snowshoes all the time. What is the deal with them.
It's a great way to get outside when everything is covered in 2 feet of snow. There's no shoulder to run or bike on because of the snow piles and its often too icy anyway. And skiing is expensive and time consuming.
there are a lot of nice trails right nearby where you can go and wander around for an hour or two. It's very quiet and scenic. And the shoes keep you on top of the snow rather than slogging through it knee deep.

PNC = GhettoShopper. What is Yama's??
Yama's is a Japanese/Korean restaurant on Rt. 4 in West Leb. It's near the Mascoma Bank and fire department there, kinda tucked away. They've got some excellent food and large portions for a reasonable price. It's one of our favorite weekend lunch spots.

Honestly, the one time I tried downhill skiing, I really didn't enjoy it. I'm sure I'd like cross country skiing though. Given my love of hiking and snowshoeing, it's right up my alley.

Back