~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today is gorgeous so far here at the Jersey Shore.... about 75 and sunny. (Naturally I have to work late all week long).

-Ray

It finally rained here yesterday, after 20 straight days without...it shot up the humidity though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing that changes around here is whether or not it's raining. Maybe we get lucky and have some volcanic smog or a typhoon once in a while for variety. But I can safely say that it will always be about 85 degrees. We're in the Guinness Book of World Records, in fact, for the reason of having the "most equitable" climate on earth:

The Guinness Book of Records cites the Northern Marianas as having the most equitable climate in the world, with an average year-round temperature of 85 degrees Fahrenheit (high twenties in °C).
(source)

I personally think that sucks. I like variety in my weather.

Holy shit it's nice here today. Low 60s for a high, partly cloudy, and no fucking humidity to be found. All I want is to be on my bike right now, as opposed to writing specifications and watching creepy bums out my window.
The real kick in the yams is that I can't even get out after work today, because it's my turn to host our gourmet club this week.
How was gourmet club? Anything good?? I hope you're riding today -- it's absolutely beautiful outside.

"Gourmet club" is a fancy title for the fact that on Wednesday nights we alternate visiting/hosting some friends of ours from down the street. No beluga caviar or foie gras or anything else I can't get at the Price Chopper, but I try to delve deep into the cookbooks and find something interesting.

I got a little too drunk of fruit wine last night. You ever have anything from North River Winery? They have it in a few places around here. We had the rhubarb kind. It's good, but man is it sweet. Really messes you up. :)

I'm definitely riding later. Probably my old standard river loop.

Dammit dammit sunuvabitch!

My ride this morning is officially rained out. And I got invited to 2 BBQs later which will just be a hoot in this weather. I won't even have to dip my feet in the river, I can just wade in a great big puddle instead. :poop: :poop:

bitchslap-1.jpg

I just bought a no name brand $79 mountain bike at Target so I could ride with my 4 year old daughter last week. It has rained everyday we thought we would ride. The two days we did, she went sooooo slow. My arms are sore from going no where. I did get some time on the trails one day though.

Sadly I spent a lot, lot more than that on a decent entry level road bike.

Went for a really scenic 35 miler on Friday. I picked a detour to add a few extra miles to my ride, but sadly picked a route so steep they had warning signs for trucks on the downhill parts. The uphill parts were equally steep. I'm either a bike n00b, a weenie, or both, but somehow going 30+ mph on a 8% grade on shitty pavement is pretty scary.

I'm either a bike n00b, a weenie, or both, but somehow going 30+ mph on a 8% grade on shitty pavement is pretty scary.
I've taken my fair share of "Supermans" (flying over the handlebars) on my mountain bikes, but the nastiest crashes I have known about have been friends on road bikes, usualy going downhill at 30+ mph. Lots of broken bones and concussions and such.

Sadly I spent a lot, lot more than that on a decent entry level road bike.
Went for a really scenic 35 miler on Friday. I picked a detour to add a few extra miles to my ride, but sadly picked a route so steep they had warning signs for trucks on the downhill parts. The uphill parts were equally steep. I'm either a bike n00b, a weenie, or both, but somehow going 30+ mph on a 8% grade on shitty pavement is pretty scary.

I want to do that mountain bike thing in Hawaii where they take you to the top of a mountain, and everyone rides back down. :beerchug:

It's overcast here today which means the temps are down which is good (highs in the low 80's) and there is the highest probability for rain today then we have seen in weeks. Getting rain is great, we desperately need it, but does it have to come on the one night of the week I have a soccer game? :mail-296:

I shouldn't complain.

SWEET SWEET RAIN!!!!

We're getting a very good soaking which I hope will help my yard spring back to life after being burnt for the past two months. I hope it rains all day!

We finally got dumped on pretty good here. One of those lines of storms that pours like crazy but only last 5-10 minutes. It's supposed to cool off as this cold front moves through which will be nice but I don't think this is going to be enough to end our end of this drought.

We're getting a serious thunderstorm right now. About 10 minutes ago I looked out the window and saw a line of black clouds moving overhead. Two minutes later the wall of water started coming down. There's some serious thunder and lightening too. I haven't seen a storm like this in a while.

Back