~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just mowed the freaking grass if you can believe that , mainly just to remove the dead bermuda and leaves, but I dont think I have ever cranked the lawn mower up this early , toro 3 pull start gurantee my ass!

We've got a winter storm here in the Marianas as well - a "shear line" which is a remnant cold front from Japan. They usually don't push this far south in March, and we've set all kinds of rainfall records this week. It helped that one end of it was anchored in a developing tropical depression to our south, which sucked even more moisture up. But I swear, and you'll laugh your ass off at this, we had our coldest night I can remember here on Monday - it must have been down around 65. That's very unusual.

But everything is green and I still went running and biking in my serious hot-weather gear, as usual. :party-smiley-048:

Well, its 8 here this morning. I know its not "Vermont cold" but I'm getting kinda tired of it.

It was -13 in my town this morning, but has risen all the way to -2 at the office right now.

Tonight they are calling for wind chills of -30. Lame-o.

Fortunately, my house is well insulated and ready for such bitter cold.

igloo.jpg

It's crazy that you guys are talking about temperatures well below freezing and it was in the mid-70's here yesterday. It was actually hot getting into my car to go to lunch yesterday.

We are in for another nice day today, forecast calls for a high of 72.

Just went outside for a smoke break and its probably 25 and didn't feel too bad. The wind is painful though.

teens to ~20 this morning. good sun and only a little wind, not too bad just running from the house -> car -> inside work. I wouldn't want to be outside all day just hanging around monitoring some job though.

We've got a couple projects being built right now. I think the extreme cold weather stopped them a couple days this week.

One site in particular is extra windy, not a fun place right now.

I just left Hershey PA today, that's why I have been scarce here for the past two days. Freaking cold. Went up to a Airport Conference. This (-) wind chill is for the birds. I couldn't handle it every year. I grew up on the Gulf of Mexico, South Alabama...my body can't take much of that cold weather.....

ktulu

I just left Hershey PA today, that's why I have been scarce here for the past two days. Freaking cold. Went up to a Airport Conference. This (-) wind chill is for the birds. I couldn't handle it every year. I grew up on the Gulf of Mexico, South Alabama...my body can't take much of that cold weather.....
ktulu
I used to go to the Airports Conference every year when I worked for NJ Div Aero. (when we had the block grant) Where do you work?

still single didgits today. virtually no wind. They're threatening us with warmer (pushing 50) temps this weekend. I hope so.

I used to go to the Airports Conference every year when I worked for NJ Div Aero. (when we had the block grant) Where do you work?
I currently work for The National Center for Asphalt Technology. I went to the conference b/c we are conducting a research study trying to implement Superpave into Airfield pavements, as opposed to the older P401 pavements. So I went to try and determine where the pavement failures are originating (environmental or structual) in the Eastern Region....

ktulu

It is beautiful out today!!! It must still be about 20 degrees, but I could walk outside with no jacket. Awesome.

^ Definitely. I went out for a bit before and lost the coat. I've got a sweater on over a button down shirt and was totally sweating once I had been walking around for a bit.

It's supposed to be 40 here tomorrow! Wanna go tubing down the CT river? I'm assuming a well prepared ice engineer like you will have an ice pick just in case.

In all seriousness, I'm totally gonna snowshoe in a t-shirt tomorrow.

^ huh? :blink: ?

Honestly though, that's how I know when it's really, really cold, as opposed to just really cold. How much do my nostrils freeze immediately upon a deep inhalation of air?

My skin just registers as being fucking frosty, but the nose knows.

Latest posts

Back