~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the best $20 bucks I spent this winter was for a "squeegee" to get all the snow grime and water that falls off the car out of the garage ....

roof started leaking again. need some 50-60 temps to just melt the shit out of this stuff

Got pics?

Warm but rainy today. Temp supposed to continue to drop.

30s would be great. It was 4 here this morning. But by next week it's supposed to be nearly 50!

Woke up to 7° it's almost 20 now supposed to be 40 in a couple of hours lots of sunshine for the weekend

Our weather decided what it was going to do last night at about 6 pm. It chose snow, and kept with it until about 9 am. We have north of 7" on the ground, and the plows didn't even try to keep up. I brought my computer home last night and I'm not even attempting to go in today.

we stay in the 20's through Sunday but hopefully the warm up will begin next week. Current forecasts say pushing 50 next week. Can't come soon enough.

oh and they should let us dress casually for days like this,
Would anyone really call you out on dressing casually at that place?

surprisingly yes, I have been called out for that EXACT reason before, which is why I refuse to wear business suits and aim for my most casual dressy outfits (today I have a cotton knee length skirt with knee high boots on, a long sleeved "almost t-shirt" and a sweater on) I don't think I look any odder than the ladies walking around in their pin strip pencil skirts and bedroom slippers.

Raining... hard.

2e8b1b16e4048cd26797fb5cb8d08a676a0f6ba377295ed2d111290cb6afb88a.jpg

They still haven't plowed my street. I may not go to work tomorrow either.
Looks like you are better off staying home: https://news.yahoo.com/colossal-snowstorm-strands-motorists-on-kentucky-highways-171616570.html

Vehicles could be seen parked on a stretch of Interstate 65 for 10 miles north and south of Elizabethtown in the northern part of the state — some say for more than 12 hours.
on the interstate for more than 12 hours. that's what caused the weeklong shut down here in Boston for the blizzard of 1978. they couldn't plow the major roads with all the vehicles on them. It's a slow process to tow all the cars to allow the cleanup to begin. During the most recent similar storms the governor implemented a driving ban to preclude just that type of situation. It worked.

Back