--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, they did happen. Hope you're not disappointed.

moobs.jpg

its going to storm today...I can feel it in my sinuses.

hopefully it goes far enough south to rain at the house too.

Not me, but Mini-Buff is running a small fever, and won't be going to preschool today. Not a big deal, as Mrs. Buff is a teacher, and was going to do her other job today (working computer IT for her dad), and Mini-Buff will have a day with the grandparents.

Going on 3 straight weeks of lower back pain. I worked for a week and a half in the back yard swinging a pickaxe and digging with a shovel with no problems, but a few days later I developed a shooting pain in my low back (just above the pelvis). It only really hurts in the morning, and tends to fade away during the day, but it's getting really annoying. It was starting to work itself out over the last couple of days, but a simple sneeze this morning in the shower seems to have reaggrivated it this morning and it's been sore ever since. Anytime I've sneezed first thing in the morning, it's caused a shooting pain all the way down my legs and causes them to literally give out. I've been lucky enough to catch myself before falling, but I think the "jerk" of sneezing is contributing to the daily reaggrivation of the injury.

I really don't want to go to a doctor because I'm pretty sure all he's going to say is that it's a tweaked muscle and to give it time, rest, and ibuprofin.

And on a side note: f*ck my back yard and the clay that's in it.

Had some eczema flare up thanks to spending several days bathing in transmission and brake fluid. Showing up in my inner elbows/knees. Itches like CRAZY.

Going on 3 straight weeks of lower back pain. I worked for a week and a half in the back yard swinging a pickaxe and digging with a shovel with no problems, but a few days later I developed a shooting pain in my low back (just above the pelvis). It only really hurts in the morning, and tends to fade away during the day, but it's getting really annoying. It was starting to work itself out over the last couple of days, but a simple sneeze this morning in the shower seems to have reaggrivated it this morning and it's been sore ever since. Anytime I've sneezed first thing in the morning, it's caused a shooting pain all the way down my legs and causes them to literally give out. I've been lucky enough to catch myself before falling, but I think the "jerk" of sneezing is contributing to the daily reaggrivation of the injury.

I really don't want to go to a doctor because I'm pretty sure all he's going to say is that it's a tweaked muscle and to give it time, rest, and ibuprofin.

That sounds like the location for sciatica (your sciatic nerve branches out from your spine just above your pelvis, and can get trapped by a bulging disc). I have that usually about once a year for a month+. It REALLY sucks while it's hurting, but it makes you appreciate not having when it doesn't hurt. My BIL had surgery to correct it which worked for about 5 years, but he just had another bout with it. As far as I can tell, there's no "cure" for it.

Try some Tiger Balm tonight.
210px-Tigerbalm.jpg

This sh!t is the sh!t!

I've just been rocking the ibuprofin & flexall approach, which seems to help a little. I was hoping it would just go away, but I may end up at the doctor's office anyways.

Back