The Baking Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I eat a banana literally every single day. Not usually in muffin form.

That's too bad you're allergic to them, Supe!

true story -

my wife's family makes everything with nuts- I don't see the point in adding nuts to a chocolate chip cookies and similar baked goods, so I would never eat them when at my wifes grandmas house (when we were dating) and the grandma asked my why I didn't eat her cookies? so I just said that I was allergic to nuts - and up until the day that wonderful woman died she would always make me a special tin of baked goods (around the holidays) just for me :angel:   that went on for around 15 years

true story -

my wife's family makes everything with nuts- I don't see the point in adding nuts to a chocolate chip cookies and similar baked goods, so I would never eat them when at my wifes grandmas house (when we were dating) and the grandma asked my why I didn't eat her cookies? so I just said that I was allergic to nuts - and up until the day that wonderful woman died she would always make me a special tin of baked goods (around the holidays) just for me :angel:   that went on for around 15 years
On the flip side, I have a sensitivity walnuts (my face gets red, I tend to throw up, I get migraines, general fun) and when my MIL found this out, she started putting walnuts in EVERYTHING. 

maybe she thought "has sensitivity to" meant "really enjoys" :dunno:  

Sounds like she needs a cake with some butter crearsenicam frosting.

Last edited by a moderator:
63c1ed314d08dd77f05e7f8899014b64.jpg

No nuts! +3 banana

On the flip side, I have a sensitivity walnuts (my face gets red, I tend to throw up, I get migraines, general fun) 
This explains a lot from the last visit. Or was that not from walnuts? :dunno:

Reason to know I'm a baker as well as an engineer: I keep typing "loaf" instead of "load".  :rotflmao:

She does live awfully close to Colorado.
Yeah, but what if someone needs me to weld something in the Springfield Nuclear Plant? 

I rearranged the kitchen this weekend (so wild and crazy) and moved a ton of baking stuff to the basement. I used to make so many things and I just don't anymore. I left out some mini-bundt pans, mostly because I forgot them, but dang if a small lemon bundt covered in glaze doesn't sound good. 

I rearranged the kitchen this weekend (so wild and crazy) and moved a ton of baking stuff to the basement. I used to make so many things and I just don't anymore. I left out some mini-bundt pans, mostly because I forgot them, but dang if a small lemon bundt covered in glaze doesn't sound good. 
Heh.

BAKING THREAD.  *cries tears of joy*  I haven't been able to bake/experiment the whole time I was studying.  My office is wasting away.  But I just bought 4 lbs of poppy seeds!  Which means it's time to start doing poppy rolls (my family's favorite treat) and practicing poppy seed filled kolache.

Back