The Baking Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mid-holiday cookie baking adventure update!

The chocolate biscotti is done, and very delicious. 3/4’s of the gingerbread cookies are baked; scrap dough is in the fridge cooling to be rolled out again (a second time, probably the last time). The first pan of pistachio sablès is in the oven, with 1.5 pans more to go. The lemon meltaway dough is also in the fridge, in rolls waiting to be sliced and baked.

I still need need to make the icing for the gingerbread cookies and the glaze for the lemon meltaways, and decorate decorate! Then, of course, pack the tins. The ones that are getting shipped will get put in the mail (2 day USPS) tomorrow, and the ones getting delivered locally will get biked to their doorsteps on Tuesday!

I’ll try to remember to take pictures to post here!

I found this recipe in a magazine and wanted to try it. These are called anzac biscuits, an oat ookie with coconut originating in Australia/New Zealand.

20211212_202659.jpg

Last edited:
The miniHab and I made almond bark and Rolo pretzels last night, and i made spritz cookies and Chewy ginger cookies. No photos, I was tried when I was done. last week I made chocolate crinkle cookies, which are one of my holiday favs, but such a pain in the butt.
View attachment 26545
Those chocolate crinkle cookies look so good and everything else sounds amazing! I was wondering what a rolo pretzel was, and then it occurred to me, could it be a pretzel stick stuck into a rolo?

Those chocolate crinkle cookies look so good and everything else sounds amazing! I was wondering what a rolo pretzel was, and then it occurred to me, could it be a pretzel stick stuck into a rolo?
It is a round pretzel with a Rolo melted in the middle, M&M on top. Because kill it with sugar. You can also use a walnut or pecan half, but the kids do not like the nuts. If I remember/there are any left, I'll take a picture of the goodies when I get home.

It is a round pretzel with a Rolo melted in the middle, M&M on top. Because kill it with sugar. You can also use a walnut or pecan half, but the kids do not like the nuts. If I remember/there are any left, I'll take a picture of the goodies when I get home.
Ah, so more complicated. Wow, sounds like a lot! Ha. I get it, if I were still a kid, why would I accept a walnut or pecan when I could have an m&m? And while we’re on the topic, let’s be honest, peanut m&m’s are where it’s at, unless of course, you have a peanut allergy.

Ah, so more complicated. Wow, sounds like a lot! Ha. I get it, if I were still a kid, why would I accept a walnut or pecan when I could have an m&m? And while we’re on the topic, let’s be honest, peanut m&m’s are where it’s at, unless of course, you have a peanut allergy.
Oh def not complicated. Photo from internet since I just ate cookies instead of photoing last night.... you drop rolo in middle, stick in oven till melty (this is what makes it "baking" hahah). Put thing on top.
1640097799028.png

Basic cookies. Just chocolate chip and macaroons. Gingerbread is in the fridge. Didn’t bake last night because I ate pepperoni pizza and was dying from the allergic reaction. Going to do more baking tonight. Prob biscotti and special anise cookies. Maybe another batch of chocolate chip. Also need to figure out the date and walnut bar that my dad loved when he was a kid.

3DED8923-64F3-40B9-9CB7-A34719350561.jpeg996B4BB6-ECC5-449A-9293-64272ACA6480.jpeg7E29CD17-1539-4D0C-8945-4823E4FF52C8.jpeg

I've only baked two kinds this year: pizzelles and peanut butter blossoms. Both my grandmothers recipes.

But hopefully this week before Christmas I'll get the anise christmas tree cookies and some cheesecake tarts made!

I'll be making several batches of rice krispies treats for Daycare's xmas party tomorrow.

Are we on the same wave length? I just made rice krispy treats on Sunday. Smitten Kitchen’s version, because duh. But I had to use knock-off rice krispie because the Safeway only had chocolate Rice Krispies (I could NOT BELIEVE they didn’t have regular rice krispies and they had NO OTHER comparable riced cereal, trust me, I checked and re-checked and re-checked) and I wasn’t going for chocolate Rice Krispie treats. Then the second place I went only had some supposedly healthier knockoff Rice Krispies, so I used those instead. I was NOT going to a third store. It was crazy!

Are we on the same wave length? I just made rice krispy treats on Sunday. Smitten Kitchen’s version, because duh. But I had to use knock-off rice krispies because the Safeway only had chocolate Rice Krispies (I could NOT BELIEVE they didn’t have regular rice krispies and they had NO OTHER comparable riced cereal, trust me, I checked and re-checked and re-checked) and I wasn’t going for chocolate Rice Krispie treats. Then the second place I went only had some supposedly healthier knockoff Rice Krispies, so I used those instead. I was NOT going to a third store. It was crazy!
The boxes had a coupon on them a week or so ago. buy 2 boxes and get a bag a marshmellows free. That's probably why they all disappeared I bought two, the original and then the xmas colored

The boxes had a coupon on them a week or so ago. buy 2 boxes and get a bag a marshmellows free. That's probably why they all disappeared I bought two, the original and then the xmas colored
I don’t think they disappeared. There was no spot for them on the shelves! Unless they did sell out and they replaced them with something else unrelated… I guess that’s in the realm of possibility. Well perhaps that’s what I get for my last minute, spur of the moment Rice Krispie treat idea!

Back