The Baking Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so used to reading "poke" like "poe-kay" because of how frequently we have sushi, that this thread really grossed me out for a minute.  Like, even for a fat kid, buttercream frosting on fish does not sound like a winner.

I'm so used to reading "poke" like "poe-kay" because of how frequently we have sushi, that this thread really grossed me out for a minute.  Like, even for a fat kid, buttercream frosting on fish does not sound like a winner.
I found my next weight loss shake recipe! 

Which type of sourdough bread to make this weekend...

Also, my fiance is going to a sourdough pizza making class on Sunday. This was my gift to him for his birthday a few weeks ago. Partly to up our pizza game, partly to get him the knowledge himself for making sourdough pizza dough, and partly to just give him an introduction to the world of sourdough!

Ok, not sure if this counts, but...

I love breakfasts on the go, so I’ve been trying to make meals in advance so I can grab something from the freezer to eat when I get to work. Normally I do egg sandwiches, but I wanted to try something a little different, that would be healthy at the same time.

So, I made a frittata with spinach, cherry tomatoes, onions, chives, bacon (so much for healthy), and cheese.

I had to cook it on the stove then put it in the oven, so it kinda counts as baked, right?

There are 12 eggs in this concoction. I think I’ll be set for a couple weeks.

FDA47F8D-561F-4A28-98B4-0E2D8EE8C44D.jpeg

I like frittatas, and the wife likes quiches.  Problem is, if its my whole breakfast, I'll eat an easy 4-5 eggs worth at a clip, and it becomes not worth the prep time!

Your pan is RG approved!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was not adventurous with my toppings this time!

Two with salt, two with parmesan reggiano cheese, and two with everything bagel seasoning.

IMG_20190421_175832.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dean Agnostic Mmmmmm, never worked with chia before, but I have made banana cookies before!  You can prob mod the recipe a little.  Big thing about working with banana is that it's super moist, depending on how ripe it is, so you usually end up with either way less batter or way more batter (depending on what you're baking).

tenor.gif

Gahhh I haven't baked in too long... But I'm planning to make some crispy rosemary flatbread for dinner with friends tonight, and have been giving my lovely sourdough starter more attention this week after she was neglected in the fridge for a bit too long.

I'm thinking I might finally try to make sourdough bagels this weekend...

Back