The Automotive Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HFS! They put an awning on the thing! I need to call my girlfriend.

I liked this quote: It’s the reason why Camaro owners will unendingly argue that they are actually able to see out of their cars, even though that car ships without windows.

So I might buy a Porsche this weekend.

A friend of mine has a race-prepped 944 ready to roll at BFF pricing. If I don't race soon and keep my license current, it's going to cost a lot of time and money to get it back. I'm thinking I'll buy the car, race it until my RX7 is finished, and then either lease it out as a weekend rental or sell it for $700 or so more than I paid for it. The car recently had everything imaginable replaced to run the Chumpcar enduro race, and even comes with a functional beer keg to mount in the rear (no joke, he's German and that was their chumpcar theme in the "Nein Four Four").

If you add another 0 after that, but before the decimal place maybe? I suppose you could DD it, albeit a little wet on rainy days. I assume you're pretty limber, though, so the door bars shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I ended up buying the 944, and cannot get the thing to run above 3000 RPM. Something is not metering air/fuel correctly. Have replaced, coil, plugs, AFM, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure damper, all 4 injectors, vacuum lines, TPS, and probably some other shit to no avail. It just hits a wall, and sits there. Myself and some knowledgable 944 people are stumped. Car will be headed to Touring Car Inc. sometime this week to let the pros figure out this German car shit. The guy I bought it from is going to foot the bill for it.

Of course the real down side to this is that I will not be able to make the Daylight to Darkness time trial at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Friday :(

I got your TPS.

tps-report-form.jpg

So last July i got new tires for my ho (tahoe). We had used the east coast equivalent of Big O tires back home and had really good luck with them. So i got a similar tire last year. So i went in to bitch about how fast they had worn- they may get me halfway through winter- and the guy looked at my records and i have put over 40,000 miles on them since i put them on. I think they are 55,000 mile tires.(warranty) :( . Cant believe i am putting that many miles on this car...

60+ miles total commute + ski weekend + scout trips + a trip to yellowstone and moab ads up fast!!

Now if i could just find where i put those expense checks from work ...

The all terrain tire was probably a poor choice for as much driving as i am doing also....

Do you have Discount Tire out there? We've had great luck with them. The GF bought a set of tires, and drove to Vermont that same weekend. On the way back, she cut a sidewall on a drainage grate. Even though she should not have been covered under warranty, they gave her a replacement tire for $22. They will also price match everything. Not like for like on the item, but inclusive of service. So if I found something on Tire Rack, and it would cost X dollars to ship + whatever to mount/balance each, DT will give me the same all-in price.

Yesh, I use Tire Rsck as the "equalizer". I go on TR and pick a specfic tire then call some local shops to compare prices on the specific model tire. If the total installed price is similar I go with the local guy. Alternately if the TR price is really good, I'llbuy online and just go to a local shop for installation and balancing

I'm thinking it was more the miles than the actual tire- they still have decent tread left, jut not what I would prefer for driving up in the mtns...they will probably go to the 55K mile mark.

We had a really bad experience at DT a long time ago, maybe I will give them another shot. I will probably wait until after the winter "rush" and get some mid November

If I end up giving the tahoe to my son in November, when he can drive I may just hold off, he will mostly be driving in the flat parts of Denver and see what I end up getting for myself..

So last July i got new tires for my ho (tahoe). We had used the east coast equivalent of Big O tires back home and had really good luck with them. So i got a similar tire last year. So i went in to bitch about how fast they had worn- they may get me halfway through winter- and the guy looked at my records and i have put over 40,000 miles on them since i put them on. I think they are 55,000 mile tires.(warranty) :( . Cant believe i am putting that many miles on this car...

60+ miles total commute + ski weekend + scout trips + a trip to yellowstone and moab ads up fast!!

Now if i could just find where i put those expense checks from work ...

The all terrain tire was probably a poor choice for as much driving as i am doing also....
40K miles on a set of tires seems pretty good to me, but that's only because the OEM tires on my Touareg only lasted 23K and the Continentals I bought for my bimmer lasted only 15K miles...

Saw one of these on the highway the other day. Is this really what the Renegade has become? :huh:

2015-Jeep-Renegade-Latitude-and-Trailhawk-PLACEMENT-626x382.jpg

Back