Super Special 5K

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One tree is gonna b a bear to drop. Leaning towards neighbors roof. Its 15' away, tree is 40-50' tall. Gonna try to pull it against lean. May be begging fer trouble though. Its gonna want to twist

Any one talented can smash a watermelon... or hit a pin flag in the woods... it's the ones with rot you gotta worry about...

on a side note- I have officially determined, some sports bras work just ask good inside out as right side in...

^ I know what you mean EG, there are dream drops and then there are oh craps! I don't want the oh crap.

I dropped three on Saturday between our greenhouse, the neighbors satellite dish (5' off properly line), other trees I want to keep, the fresh rhubarb and an active electric fence. Those were cakewalk compared to the one with the lean. Thankfully it's not rotted, but I've got a few more trees to drop around it so I can get the safety lines properly positioned.

After I showed the other half where it was and how it was leaning, I was given the OK to drop it on the greenhouse since she wants a new one anyway. That would be the easiest route though.

I could be such a mean person.... but since we are talking trees I won't point out that he said he knew what I meant pointing to a statement about sports bras...

I will say, the safety lines are why I will NEVER ever practice residential or cut anything near a structure. I am perfectly capable of climbing but have no desire to smash someones bathroom window (etc), I would rather deal with potential rot, 12 set backs and a stump jumper, and 3 plunge cuts in one day in the woods than fire up a saw for anything other than firewood that is already on the ground or baby trees near a house.

One tree is gonna b a bear to drop. Leaning towards neighbors roof. Its 15' away, tree is 40-50' tall. Gonna try to pull it against lean. May be begging fer trouble though. Its gonna want to twist

Any one talented can smash a watermelon... or hit a pin flag in the woods... it's the ones with rot you gotta worry about...

on a side note- I have officially determined, some sports bras work just ask good inside out as right side in...

^ I know what you mean EG, there are dream drops and then there are oh craps! I don't want the oh crap.

I dropped three on Saturday between our greenhouse, the neighbors satellite dish (5' off properly line), other trees I want to keep, the fresh rhubarb and an active electric fence. Those were cakewalk compared to the one with the lean. Thankfully it's not rotted, but I've got a few more trees to drop around it so I can get the safety lines properly positioned.

After I showed the other half where it was and how it was leaning, I was given the OK to drop it on the greenhouse since she wants a new one anyway. That would be the easiest route though.

I could be such a mean person.... but since we are talking trees I won't point out that he said he knew what I meant pointing to a statement about sports bras...

I will say, the safety lines are why I will NEVER ever practice residential or cut anything near a structure. I am perfectly capable of climbing but have no desire to smash someones bathroom window (etc), I would rather deal with potential rot, 12 set backs and a stump jumper, and 3 plunge cuts in one day in the woods than fire up a saw for anything other than firewood that is already on the ground or baby trees near a house.
Yeah, I would deserve it too... I ignored the whole sports bra thing. It's Monday.

Dropping trees in a residential neighborhood without climbing, bucket trucks, ladders or scaffolding is a real pain in the arse. Just getting the right clearances for a safety line / anchor can be tricky.

I'm going to look at the lean again tonight and see if there's a way to shimmy up the tree, drop the top, then bring down the rest without causing problems. I've always preferred to drop the whole tree in one shot with both feet firmly on the ground; especially when there's no one else around as a backup / observer.

yeah- but at least you are taking the whole thing down and can climb with spikes... a little bit more stability and support there, and faster so you won't be dead ass tired when you get to the top... personally, I would much rather just use a feller buncher if I was going to be alone ;)

Please just tell me you will wear chaps... and yes that goes for all of you with your home light farm bosses... go google chainsaw to the face to see what happens if someone stuck a nail in that tree 50 years ago and you get a kickback that the brake don't stop the chain fast enough...

on that note- I'm off to bed! Sweet Dreams everyone and KF- go eat a burrito,,,,

I have saw chaps and wear a hardhat with a shield. As for a chain brake, what the hell is that nonsense?

My primary saw (Stihl) is nearly 40 years old, it didn't come with no chain brake. The last two shops that worked on the saw wanted to buy it since it out cut their newer model (same tech specs).

The trim saw (Husqvarna) has one, never use it though.

300.jpg

plus

6.jpg

Been seriously reading Lone Survivor tonight. I can't put it down. Gonna have to though. It's getting late.

She's better. Mrs NJ is still fighting it but says today is better so far

She's better. Mrs NJ is still fighting it but says today is better so far
Good to hear. The only thing worse then sick kids is a sick wife and sick kids.

Stay strong my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back