Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much does 54 seconds cost?
It had to be a perfect storm of me just finishing the "what people are doing when" thread and coming to this one, but that got a genuine LOL from me, and is probably the funniest thing I've read on the interwebs in a while.

:appl:

here's the rest of the story- it's a conference that has my name all over it. I have two weeks to raise $30,000 in sponsorships or it's canceled a mere 6 weeks before it happens. We already have people registered, speakers arranged, etc. Total lack of management skills happening...and I'm just grabbing my ankles. It's not even an engineering project!
Grr....any of you rich consultant types want to sponsor a conference? Please?
our company was hosting a conference for clients only at our offices last year. we flew our consultants in from across the country, but the RSVP's were light. Someone decided to cancel the conference 2 days before. it made no sense since our consultants had already paid for the tickets. word didn't get out to everyone so of course clients were showing up all day for the conference so we had to scramble to throw a half assed conference together. My boss was sooo pissed that they decided to cancel the conference.

our company was hosting a conference for clients only at our offices last year. we flew our consultants in from across the country, but the RSVP's were light. Someone decided to cancel the conference 2 days before. it made no sense since our consultants had already paid for the tickets. word didn't get out to everyone so of course clients were showing up all day for the conference so we had to scramble to throw a half assed conference together. My boss was sooo pissed that they decided to cancel the conference.

Yuck! That must have made for an el crap day.

:mad2:

Yuck! That must have made for an el crap day.
:mad2:
I noticed you have the fighting Sea Bees emblem for your avatar. Are you a Sea Bee? I was a BU when I was enlisted - stationed at Port Hueneme and then did my reserve time out of NAS Jax in NMCB 14.

JR

[SIZE=14pt]MOTHER-FLIPPIN-FILTHY-FOUL-FLOPPING-FLICKER-CODSWALLOP-CRACKERJACK-HORSE-FEATHERING-MOTHER-FLIPPER ! ! ![/SIZE]

Phew, glad I got that out.

No biggie; just there is a person who regularly ticks me off and I'll have to get over it.

I noticed you have the fighting Sea Bees emblem for your avatar. Are you a Sea Bee? I was a BU when I was enlisted - stationed at Port Hueneme and then did my reserve time out of NAS Jax in NMCB 14.
JR

I am pinning on a lovely gold bar in about one month. CEC Officers wear their rank on only one collar since we are restricted line even though we are the only ground combat force the Navy has other than the SEALS. My unit is NMCB 23, but they have not yet determined which detachment I will drill at.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pinning on a lovely gold bar in about one month. CEC Officers wear their rank on only one collar since we are restricted line even though we are the only ground combat force the Navy has other than the SEALS. My unit is NMCB 23, but they have not yet determined which detachment I will drill at.
Congratulations sir!
19.gif

JR

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCKKKKK!!!

I'm working on a project right now that has an Army Corps project number, VA project number, our internal project number, the subconsultant's project number, and a task number.

I can't keep this shit straight!

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

Between the NCR's I've written, welders who I've booted from the test booth, and resident Old Fart that I've offended, I'm making friends left and right down here!

Today I was accused of sabotaging the gentlemen who was formerly running one of our facilities and welding rod distribution rooms. Yes, that's exactly it. My goal in life was to sabotage him, in order to get everyone in trouble and create more garbage work for myself.

Back