Shaving pounds

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does that mean us women GAIN mass during "the act"? That really sucks! (pun intended)
Yeah, but the pay-off is that sometimes the woman gets a magical day where they lose like 20-pounds all at once! (or at least over several hours)

Yeah, but the pay-off is that sometimes the woman gets a magical day where they lose like 20-pounds all at once! (or at least over several hours)
Sure... but they probably gained 25-50 in the 9 months previous to that magical day...

Is this any more related to the thread... Engineers, remember this is no 5K Season 2 thread.. Gosh I am missing that...

Back to topic,

When I work out seriously (45 minutes of walking 5 days a week) I have lost an average of 1 lb/week. I am a vegetarian and keep away from fried food and don;t remember when I had a cola last. So calorie intake is under control. But the moment I am off my walking routine I gain weight. There is something wrong with my metabolism.. Oh well, I had shed close to 16 pounds and gained another 5 now. I am getting back to the routine slowly, hoping to go down more. This thread is awesome...

Is this any more related to the thread... Engineers, remember this is no 5K Season 2 thread.. Gosh I am missing that...
Back to topic,

When I work out seriously (45 minutes of walking 5 days a week) I have lost an average of 1 lb/week. I am a vegetarian and keep away from fried food and don;t remember when I had a cola last. So calorie intake is under control. But the moment I am off my walking routine I gain weight. There is something wrong with my metabolism.. Oh well, I had shed close to 16 pounds and gained another 5 now. I am getting back to the routine slowly, hoping to go down more. This thread is awesome...
Do you ever enjoy yourself? No meat, no fried food and no soda... just kidding... just remember to becareful about your protien intake and the number of calories associated with that... I know many many vegetarians that never lost weight because what they substituted was just as many if not more calories then what is in a burger (in our house made of very lean beef or turkey and always on a grill or grill type devise). I don't do fried food unless I'm out cause I have a knack of getting burned by grease... except turkey bacon, I'll cook that.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, I think this being home is healthy for me though... I noticed that I don't snack, I actually eat a healthy breakfast (today was a refried bean and egg sandwich lol), and a much smaller lunch then I used to, but have continued to keep my dinners small too. And I only get fast food about once every two weeks. Another great way is if you take your lunch to work, we have cut back on the carbs there by using tortilla wraps instead of bread and I pack the hubby baby carrots instead of chips now too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at 6' 2" @ 190lbs but it's a high percentage of body fat. Trying to cut that down to about 180 and lower the body fat. I miss the old days of college drinking, waffle house at 3 in the morning, greasy burgers all day, Dominoes & Pizza Hut at midnight and 175lbs all 4 years with about 6 percent body fat!

Back to topic,

If that's the case, is may be worth going and seeing a doctor and having your thyroid checked (this coming from someone who lost 70 lbs after a thyroidectomy with simple diet and exercise).

If that's the case, is may be worth going and seeing a doctor and having your thyroid checked (this coming from someone who lost 70 lbs after a thyroidectomy with simple diet and exercise).
That was my suspicion but thyroid is OK.

Do you ever enjoy yourself? No meat, no fried food and no soda... just kidding...
Well no meat has been all my life.. no fried food is by choice fairly recently.. and no soda is after learning (and ignorring for few years) how much sugar and carcinogenic matters it has!!

did i also mention no beer??? ya no alcoholic drinks too. So diet wise I guess now i need to watch my protein/starch/carbs/calorie intake from whatever vegetarian dishes I eat. I will admit though that my exercise routine has never been longer than 6 months. I hope to continue it longer this time. I don;t want to have back troubles just by having a bigger belly.

Well no meat has been all my life.. no fried food is by choice fairly recently.. and no soda is after learning (and ignorring for few years) how much sugar and carcinogenic matters it has!!
did i also mention no beer??? ya no alcoholic drinks too. So diet wise I guess now i need to watch my protein/starch/carbs/calorie intake from whatever vegetarian dishes I eat. I will admit though that my exercise routine has never been longer than 6 months. I hope to continue it longer this time. I don;t want to have back troubles just by having a bigger belly.

[SIZE=14pt]WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?[/SIZE]

A life without beer is a life not worth leading... :p

[SIZE=14pt]WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?[/SIZE]
A life without beer is a life not worth leading... :p
You sound like my boss.. he was actually "shocked" and taken aback when he learnt that I don't drink. I am not exaggerating, he had this look of "unbelievable" on his face. He is a beer tank... He had the same words, how do you survive without drinking? He still asks me that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Down from 190 to 182 as of this morning! From a 36 to a 34 in the waist in 7 days!
:woot:
Wha?!?!?!?!?!?

Losing weight that fast is to quick for my liking. I'm definitely a believer in the best way to trim down is slow and steady through diet and exercise.

Wha?!?!?!?!?!?
Losing weight that fast is to quick for my liking. I'm definitely a believer in the best way to trim down is slow and steady through diet and exercise.
It's all about the calorie intake and water intake.

It'll level out. It's like a runner. He takes off fast then slows to a decent pace to finish the race.

It's all about the calorie intake and water intake.
It'll level out. It's like a runner. He takes off fast then slows to a decent pace to finish the race.
you keep telling yourself that.

I'll stick with slow and steady.

Back