Shaving pounds

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have lost 14 pounds in 4 months. Slow and steady????? I think. From the 200's (201~205) to 186 this morning. No diet. Just working out and drinking water with my meals(no Cokes/Pepsi/etc.)

While I am working out I drink Gatorade. I used to drink just water too but with the Gatorade I realized my stamina does not fade that fast. Maybe is a mental thing but this is how I feel.

The fact that I am 44 is not helping with the losing weight speed but I feel better and stronger now. I am OK with that. My goal is to be back to 170~175 by December.

So..... :bio:

It's all about the calorie intake and water intake.
It'll level out. It's like a runner. He takes off fast then slows to a decent pace to finish the race.
If you are making a sudden lifestyle change and starting to exercise and eat healthier from scratch, you will drop a few pounds quickly before hitting a plateau.

I'm glad to be getting back into my fitness routine. It was a rough stretch when I moved. We joined the local Boston Sports Club. It doesn't have a pool or racquetball courts or anything fancy, but they do have really nice cardio and weight equipment. We shoot for going 3 times a week.

I've noticed that with the nice equipment, while my muscles are sore the next day, my joints and bones are taking the same pounding as when I worked out at the free but shlocky rec center in my old town in VT.

I also run a couple times a week. I'll do more of that when it cools down a little. On Saturdays we try to spend the afternoon outdoors (dog friendly) doing something fun. We hiked by the ocean a couple weeks back and went canoeing and swimming last week.

Owning a lab puppy forces you to be active even when you feel like a bum!

I have lost 14 pounds in 4 months. Slow and steady????? I think. From the 200's (201~205) to 186 this morning. No diet. Just working out and drinking water with my meals(no Cokes/Pepsi/etc.)
While I am working out I drink Gatorade. I used to drink just water too but with the Gatorade I realized my stamina does not fade that fast. Maybe is a mental thing but this is how I feel.

The fact that I am 44 is not helping with the losing weight speed but I feel better and stronger now. I am OK with that. My goal is to be back to 170~175 by December.

So..... :bio:
Congrats BIO !!!! :woot:

JR

^ Don't you mean DK? That guys has had no many screen names I need a scorecard to keep up!

So here's a question, if I still have a rapid metabolism at 28, am I gonna be one of those guys who's pretty much good to go or is my crash just gonna be later.

VT, your metabolism will crash around 30. I was 150 at 30, hit 200 ten years later. I want to get down to 170, so I guess its time to stop with the CABs again.

If you know how to count all the way to three you should not have any problems.

Dark Knight Dark Knight 25th April 2008 - 07:24 AM BringItOn Dark Knight 25th April 2008 - 07:23 AM

EE-PowerEng BringItOn 30th August 2007 - 10:18 AM

Luis EE-PowerEng 29th August 2007 - 12:54 PM

Rattlesnake Luis 18th February 2007 - 09:50 PM

Luis Rattlesnake 18th February 2007 - 03:10 PM

Luis_O Luis 19th January 2007 - 03:00 PM
Yes, but the real trick is if you can count to 7. BUSTED!

VT, your metabolism will crash around 30. I was 150 at 30, hit 200 ten years later. I want to get down to 170, so I guess its time to stop with the CABs again.
I'm still trying to gain back a few of the pounds I lost when I moved. I have about 4 lbs to go. I eat like it's my last meal and have only been able to put back on a few pounds. It sounds like a luxury but it's no fun when you're that guy. I've been trying to do it healthy too so that makes it take longer.

I'm sure if I ate a bucket of fried chicken and drank a 6 pack every night I'd have an easier time of it.

^ Ok, so I have a year and a half with a hollow leg left in me. Better enjoy it while I can!

There are 2 buffets near me, oddly enough located right next to my gym, that I want to try. One is an Indian place. I love Indian food and haven't had any since I moved. We had a good one where I used to live. The other is a Japanese seafood buffet. It's pricey but it's all you can eat sushi and cooked fish, kinda exotic looking stuff.

Yep, enjoy it while you can. I thought my uncle was full of bs when he said he was built like me until he was thrity.

^ I'm just lucky I already eat healthy and exercise regularly. Portion control is a manageable change. Swapping deep fried foods for salad and taking up running in addition to that would be more daunting.

My wife's metabolism dropped like a rock about 5 years ago. She is borderline obsessive about nutrition and exercise, and she gained 10 lbs before she even realized it and had to work hard to take it off. She has to eat like a rabbit now to maintain weight unless she's in training for an event.

Yes, but the real trick is if you can count to 7. BUSTED!
Only three of them are official ;)

If I am not wrong, when I changed the first time, it was you that suggested BIO and that was the one I kept. The others did not last an hour. Maybe "Rattlesnake" but I am not sure of that one.

Can we have a scorecard of your alliases? That would be interesting.

:bio:

All this talk about gaining weight when you hit thirty is making me depressed about how close I am to 30!!
LOL .. I am MORE concerned about the grey hair at this point than the weight management. Those little grey bastards have been sprouting like crazy !!!! :eek:ldman: :brickwall:

30 to me is but a faded memory. Luckily it is a happy faded memory, but a faded memory nonetheless.
Not quite faded for me ... but definitely a distant memory. :)

JR

LOL .. I am MORE concerned about the grey hair at this point than the weight management. Those little grey bastards have been sprouting like crazy !!!! :eek:ldman: :brickwall:

At least it is staying on your head long enough to turn grey!

I'm 26 and my wife is constantly pulling them out. Perhaps that will ultimately lead to me being bald as well

Back