Shaving pounds

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel so worhtless. I started this thread and actually loose weight. Then, almost three months ago, changed jobs. Now I am almost back to where I was when posted for the first time.

Somebody shoot me.... :Failed:

^^^^ AHHH, BIO Im with you. I hopped on the scale this morning and in the past week Im up 6 lbs and rapidly approaching my starting weight! My epee broke last wednesday so I havent been able to fence and Ive been lounging around getting fat again.

^^^ I stepped right into that one.

On the basketball front we got a first round bye in the tourney and then we play one of two teams we've easily beaten before in the second. We're going to coast right into the championship game where we'll probably get stomped. Either way its going to be at least 2 more weeks of basketball.

I forgot to mention that I found another team to play for. A lady called me Sunday evening and asked me if I wa playing for any team. I told her no and she invited me for the first practice. It will be the Winter League and it is curious that there were two more players from the team I was kicked out.

One of them, a nice young lady, told me that three more are coming and referred to the Coach who "fired" me as an alpha male. :Locolaugh:

She was surprised when I asked her if she knew why I was kicked out of the team and told me to forget about and let it go. That I was better without knowing. Looks like I was the only one who does not know :dunno: I am following her advice. I am under a lot of stress to make a co-ed softball team be a source of more of it.

Hey, I'm back to where I started, too. Hurting my wrist doing the stupid backward push-ups recommended by my (&(*&%*&(^ friend has set me back terribly - I can't ride my bike, can't to push ups ... And so I've gained weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing pissing me off right now is that its a combination of too cold and dark to spend much time working out outdoors.

Time to sign up for spin class. :suicide1: :suicide1: :suicide1:

I talked my husband into going for a walk tonight. It was dark, but the street lights were enough. Not too cold here. We live on a cul-de-sac with little traffic. It had been a long time since we had walked together and he could tell that I am in better shape, mostly because of spin class. I'm only doing it about once a week now, but still trying to get a couple more workouts. Also, I'm excited because yesterday I went back to an old belt that had been too small. So, I'm at least making small improvements. I'm working on losing 5 pounds. I target 5 pounds at a time now. It is better than gaining five pounds.

Also, I'm excited because yesterday I went back to an old belt that had been too small. So, I'm at least making small improvements. I'm working on losing 5 pounds. I target 5 pounds at a time now. It is better than gaining five pounds.
That's completely awesome Maryannette !! :thumbs:

I gained 5 pounds... :(
I am feeling you there bro .. the gluttony that has been brought about between work, school, and travel .... :wacko:

JR

As of this morning I am at 150, a 48.5lb loss since this past June. The 20-25 mile bike each night is paying off (along with some weight lifting and a 110% re-work of my diet).

These spin classes seem interesting as I know a lot of people who might be interested. Do they do them by time/mileage or I am a Gigantic DoucheBag

^ The one I do is an hour 2 nights a week. Brief warmup and cooldown with stretching about 45 minutes of cardio workout spinning. They alternate between speed and resistance training, since that's about what you can do on a workout bike.

Depending on the bike, you may be able to clip in to the pedals rather than using the stirrups.

There are spin bikes with pedal clips? Crazy! When on my MTB, I fight with the pedals and clipping back in when I have to get off. On the road bike, paired with rigid bottom shoes, they are a wonderful thing.

Would a spin class be something good to recommend to someone who is looking to build a baseline for cycling?

A before and after shot:

1166383005693.jpg
1665.jpg

Honestly, I can't see much difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have packed on about 5 pounds lately... no time to do yard work and spending longer hours working = eating more junk.

Back