Series Lights

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With my wife going on 7 months pregnant, we took full advantage of having the family at our house for Thanksgiving. The tree is up and fully decorated. The rest of the decorating is up tp me, and I should have it done by the weekend.

All my decorating is done. Lights are on the house, tree is up. Only real Frasier Firs allowed in my house. None of that fake tree stuff. I did have to replace three strands of lights this year though, b/c of the same problem. Half were out. But at $2 a strand, its not worth my time to find the bad bulbs.

I am going to see if I can foist that job onto my stepson since I will be on travel and finishing the school semester during the first few weeks of December ... :asthanos:
I got the <_< look from my wife when I made this suggestion. I guess that means I will be searching for Plan B ...

The rest of the decorating is up tp me, and I should have it done by the weekend.
Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? (Getting you used to the kids theme .... :D )

But at $2 a strand, its not worth my time to find the bad bulbs.
Wow ... someone after my own heart! :beerchug: My wife doesn't quite get it but I am like .. why I am going to WASTE the better part of a day searching for bad bulbs when I can spend $10 to get 'er done??!!!

JR

^How big is it? My wife would love something like that.
wow I don't dare...... :Locolaugh:

As for trees, I finally convinced my wife to get an artificial tree. I found a $200 pre-lit tree after Xmas one year for $40.

That's less than I typically paid for the real tree.

Last edited by a moderator:
^How big is it? My wife would love something like that.
It's aout 30" tall. It's the kind of tree you could put in a bedroom or on a counter as opposed to a giant 7' centerpiece. I think it's awesome and there are literally no light to go out, just one bulb in the base generating the light.

They make them in larger sizes as well.

We tossed out all the series lights we had a few years ago, thank goodness. I had to explain to the hubby why I was throwing out perfectly good lights though...he eventually came around.

With my wife going on 7 months pregnant, we took full advantage of having the family at our house for Thanksgiving. The tree is up and fully decorated. The rest of the decorating is up tp me, and I should have it done by the weekend.
My wife and I started writing Christmas cards last night. A woman she works with who was also due with twins in Mid-January gave birth over this past weekend... made my wife get into holiday-hurry-up mode!

My wife and I started writing Christmas cards last night. A woman she works with who was also due with twins in Mid-January gave birth over this past weekend... made my wife get into holiday-hurry-up mode!
I know that twins usually come early, but that early?? How are they doing?

I saw pictures of them... they are tiny and have a ton of tubes attached to them. It is kind of freaky. As much as my wife wants her body back, we want to be able to bring the twins home from the hospital right away.

^^I hope all the babies are full-term, even though I know how miserable it is for your wives. God bless them.

My wife had a doctors appointment yesterday... all is well and both babies are progressing nicely. The doctor told my wife that if the babies continue to develop as they are, that by the next appointment she may tentatively schedule my wife for a c-section on 1/4. My wife looks like she is ready to explode!

My wife had a doctors appointment yesterday... all is well and both babies are progressing nicely. The doctor told my wife that if the babies continue to develop as they are, that by the next appointment she may tentatively schedule my wife for a c-section on 1/4. My wife looks like she is ready to explode!
Yes she is and you are responsible for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW. Ray - take good care of her man. That's gotta be something where you just can't believe that your body is even "doing" it. Amazing really. Good news though!

Back