Baseball 2021

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Cubs were terrible this year with their lack of investment, so I'm rooting for the Giants... Kris Bryant got screwed by the Cubs and it'll be great to see a team that actually values him win the WS.

The Cubs were terrible this year with their lack of investment, so I'm rooting for the Giants... Kris Bryant got screwed by the Cubs and it'll be great to see a team that actually values him win the WS.
I couldn’t believe it when the Giants landed Bryant. He did cool off a lot when he came here but he’s paying dividends here in the NLDS! I will be interested to see where he ends up next year. I have no clue if the Giants would try to resign him with the plethora of outfielders they have, but I think I’d like him to stay around.

Bummer of an end to that game, but oh well. The Baseball gods giveth and the baseball gods taketh. Truth be told, the Giants offense didn’t really show up this entire series, and they got to game 5 with stellar pitching (that was not that stellar in games 2 and 4). Well, they got the stellar start again (Webb!!) and I suppose Rogers’ plan with evil Knebel worked, though I’m not sure it was necessary considering how successful Urias was against the Giants in game 2. I’m not going to complain about the check swing call to end the game other than to say it was pretty much the worst ending to a game that truly mattered imaginable. I will forever remember the name Gabe Morales!

Bummer of an end to that game, but oh well. The Baseball gods giveth and the baseball gods taketh. Truth be told, the Giants offense didn’t really show up this entire series, and they got to game 5 with stellar pitching (that was not that stellar in games 2 and 4). Well, they got the stellar start again (Webb!!) and I suppose Rogers’ plan with evil Knebel worked, though I’m not sure it was necessary considering how successful Urias was against the Giants in game 2. I’m not going to complain about the check swing call to end the game other than to say it was pretty much the worst ending to a game that truly mattered imaginable. I will forever remember the name Gabe Morales!
Ditto. It was definitely a bad call, but bad enough for a series to end like that.

As far as the Knebel/Urias thing, it just shows I know little about baseball lol.

Well, the NLCS should be quite interesting for the two of you, @djl PE and @DuranDuran PE!

Also, rather than pitching matchups, I think the Braves probably wanted the Dodgers because it also gives them home field advantage! Which they wouldn’t have gotten had the Giants advanced. I hope it’s a competitive series and that the Braves offense gets lots of runs! Ditto for the the Red Sox vs. the Asterisks, as the cheaters are probably going to produce a lot on offense.

My in-laws are Braves fans. Heck, a lot of people in the South are Braves fans. Should be exciting!
Honestly, when I was a kid, I watched a lot of Braves games (more than Giants games on tv, honestly) because they were always on TBS and, living in CA, the night games were always on at 4 pm when I was home from school doing homework. This was before every Giants game got televised, which has since been the standard now for a while now. I wouldn’t describe myself as a Braves fan per se, but I definitely got to see a lot of great players and baseball was (and generally still is) way more fun to watch than anything else. We would still listen to the Giants games on the radio that night!

I'm sure it hurts for dodgers fans today but I'll sell you what, I'm feeling great!
Also, headed to watch MNF in Nashville tonight, it's a sports filled week for me! Titan up and chop on!!!!

Hahahahaha

I knew the hat had to drop at some point... My sports life was going too well- Saturday braves walkoff / sunday braves walkoff / monday titans win MNF on 4th down stop while I sat in a suite at nissan stadium.... All good things come to an end. It's ok! As a friend of mine once said,
plenty of baseball left! 😁

Hahahahaha

I knew the hat had to drop at some point... My sports life was going too well- Saturday braves walkoff / sunday braves walkoff / monday titans win MNF on 4th down stop while I sat in a suite at nissan stadium.... All good things come to an end. It's ok! As a friend of mine once said,
I wish I had been there! That was a great finish. I work 15 mins from the stadium. We were at the 2019 game vs the Bills. Titans lost 7-14 but it was a fun experience!

Back