Baseball 2021

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think after tonight, the Dodgers will be watching the rest of the playoffs on the sidelines!
I think so too.. But anything can happen! I refuse to draw definite conclusions after last year.

Dave Roberts has been full of interesting pitching decisions this post- how do you feel about pitching decisions @DuranDuran PE ?

I think so too.. But anything can happen! I refuse to draw definite conclusions after last year.

Dave Roberts has been full of interesting pitching decisions this post- how do you feel about pitching decisions @DuranDuran PE ?
I think the criticism toward Dave Roberts is unfair. Baseball often boils down to who's hot and who's not on a given day. The Dodgers could have easily been 2-0 after the first two games, and his decision with Urias made sense at the time. On the flip side, his gamble at the start of game 5 against the Giants seemed counter-intuitive to me, but it worked. Reporters get the benefit of criticizing after the fact.

That’s the thing when a coach does something seen as untraditional/risky. If it works, the coach is a genius! If it backfires, the coach is panned by the reporters, who yes, do always have the benefit of writing and analyzing after the fact. So while hindsight can always be 20/20, in the moment it’s really hard to make heads or tails of any of these changes in pitchers until you see it pan out.

Congrats to the Braves! Tough weekend in sports for me. Vols were 7 points away from Bama going into the 4th quarter, but 28 points later it was a 24-52 drudging by the Tide as expected. My only salvation was a convincing Titans win vs the Chiefs.

Should be a good series between Braves and Astros!

Loved the braves win.. If I wasn't married already I would marry Tyler Matzek. He was amazing.
I watched like 3 plays of the bama game because it was the same time as the braves.
Loved the titans win.. Chiefs are bad... long season though

Nice win for the Braves! I’m intrigued to see how they play against the behemoth that are the Asterisks.

Congrats to the Braves!! They stacked up very well agains the Asterisks, whom I would never like to see win a WS ever again (or really, in the WS at all, it’s kind of boring) even if I do like Dusty Baker.

It’s so fun to see the perceived underdog come out on top!

Dang, Buster Posey is retiring. I'm very sad about it as a diehard Giants fan, but I give him props for stepping down after such an amazing season. He definitely could have kept going in the sense that any team would have likely wanted him, but I give him props for leaving on his own terms (plus he has two sets of twins!!). He's a class act of a baseball player, which I feel there aren't so many of these days. And I am selfishly happy that he's retiring as a forever Giant! I hope he sticks around the game in some capacity, especially if it means for the Giants somehow.

Back