SCREAMING like a woman V2.0

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not this Saturday, but last Saturday, my friend texted and said her and her husband were going to a bar by my house and asked if we wanted to meet them. My husband and I both had busy days and were pooped, so we declined. Good thing, because my friend got Covid a few days later, and 16 other people who were at the party at the bar have tested positive. Sooooo that is definitely where it was spread.
Yikes. Pretty sure mine came from a work small group event.

Travel week then a week home then another travel week then a week home then another travel week is too much. I moved my third travel week to June.

I ate too much fried food last night...I went to bed and then woke up so I could throw up at like 11pm. Was able to sleep more, but I caught a whiff of my leftovers this morning and...I think I'm going to have to toss them. Like. Literally made my stomach roll.

Which is upsetting, because the food was so good...

I ate too much fried food last night...I went to bed and then woke up so I could throw up at like 11pm. Was able to sleep more, but I caught a whiff of my leftovers this morning and...I think I'm going to have to toss them. Like. Literally made my stomach roll.

Which is upsetting, because the food was so good...
I feel ya. I had a bacon cheeseburger and fries last night for the first time in forever. It tasted sooo good. But did not sit well. And I'm pretty sure I put on 10 lbs. :sick:

@vhab49_PE I just landed in Chicago but am driving to Quad Cities… how close am I to you??
I live in the quad cities. You have time for a meetup? I am 9 miles from your corporate office.

Also if IT just saw what I googled there might be words. Hahah. <<Distance from vHab to leggo>>

I had taken my second set of earrings out a couple weeks ago (1.5 yrs old peircings) to be able to better sleep. I couldn't get earrings in this morning. I thought for sure they had closed up. THankfully I just tried going from the back to the front and the skin popped open with sharp tip of the earring.

I had taken my second set of earrings out a couple weeks ago (1.5 yrs old peircings) to be able to better sleep. I couldn't get earrings in this morning. I thought for sure they had closed up. THankfully I just tried going from the back to the front and the skin popped open with sharp tip of the earring.
I'm dealing with that right now. Only mine were younger and I took out the earring like 3months ago. I'm now forcing an earring through slowly but surely, a little deeper each day (mostly because I can't remember the angle that the original piercing was).

Also. Today is a day.
I need one day a week where I do absolutely nothing/have nothing planned, which hasn't happened in a while due to laundry and other ****. Didn't go to pottery class last night because I was baking a tres leche cake (never made before) and only realized at 8pm that it was the last class of the session...****.

Woke up late, but kinda made the decision to have a mental health day. Then checked my work email...Contractor decided they want to work late tonight and, since I have been nudging them to actually do their work, I can't fault them. But they need oversight during the work (aka: me). So. Mental Health day = cancelled. Driving was shitty, because people in Indianapolis don't know how to drive, they never put on their indicator until they're stopped and/or at the intersection already turning. I can handle it. Whatever. Have Friday off to deal with today/tomorrow at work.

Wrong.

Landlord let me know that they're going to be fixing the a/c on Friday, and they're going to be entering/exiting the attic (which is in my bedroom). She said they could do it next week, but it's going to be like 80+ degrees all next week, so I want the a/c fixed sooner rather than later. So now I can't...have my day off on Friday. I might move my volunteer time from Sunday to Friday, to get me out of the house while they're working, but I prob need to find something to put over my bed due to ceiling dust/**** from the attic. I might have a tarp from my camping stuff.

Saturday is a brunch with coworkers at 10am. So. Need to actually get dressed/presentable for that.

Sunday is volunteer day. I've been skipping it a ton due to being so gassed from the week, but I really need to go so I don't get kicked off the roster. If I switch this to Friday, I think I'll be okay and have this as a whole relaxing day.

I am very tired. Too much **** going on/I'm in charge of too much stuff.

I want to take a real vacation, but it's never worth it when I come back and so much needs to be handled.
My coworker was saying some similar things. What I think this means (obviously easier said than done, for many reasons) is that you aren’t in the right job, which I think you already know. My follow up question to my coworker friend was, does he like what he does? He said mostly, but he needs more help. There is no easy way to solve any of this right away.

But girl, a real, true vacation is something you need to recharge. And I’m not talking about a vacation back home to help out with family matters. I mean an honest to goodness vacation where you really don’t check your work email/messages, and where you also aren’t doing anything but exactly what you want. No work or parental/family obligations.

I know you’re a super hard worker and always want to give everything to the projects you’re involved in, even when they don’t deserve it. But you need to cut yourself some slack! Seriously, it’s not worth your mental, physical, and emotional well-being not to take a vacation.

My coworker was saying some similar things. What I think this means (obviously easier said than done, for many reasons) is that you aren’t in the right job, which I think you already know. My follow up question to my coworker friend was, does he like what he does? He said mostly, but he needs more help. There is no easy way to solve any of this right away.

But girl, a real, true vacation is something you need to recharge. And I’m not talking about a vacation back home to help out with family matters. I mean an honest to goodness vacation where you really don’t check your work email/messages, and where you also aren’t doing anything but exactly what you want. No work or parental/family obligations.

I know you’re a super hard worker and always want to give everything to the projects you’re involved in, even when they don’t deserve it. But you need to cut yourself some slack! Seriously, it’s not worth your mental, physical, and emotional well-being not to take a vacation.
Yeah. I went away for like half the week due to a wedding. Where I was maid of honor. And I didn't get to really relax, due to the stupid wedding schedule and me needing to help with some things, so I didn't get to actually have fun while down there (except with @tj_PE saving the day the first day I arrived). It was also a little stressful because I...pretty much discovered that I put way too much into my relationships with people and I'll probably never get it in return. Which isn't a healthy way to have a relationship, but whatev. It was also fun being sat with high school friends, who I don't really talk to, but who all talk together in a group chat that I'm not part of. Kinda hurt when the bride was like 'I thought you'd have fun with them, but maybe I should have sat you with the bridesmaids...'.

As for the vacation back home...yeah, that's my next vacation, two weeks back home. Actually going to leave a little early on a Friday so I get another fully day at home. It is 4th of July week, and my brother's birthday, so I'm hoping I don't do too much work. BUT THE VACATION AFTER THAT IS MONTAUK WEEK WITH MY GREAT AUNTS AND HOPEFULLY ONE OF THESE **** PROJECTS WILL BE DONE, SO I CAN ACTUALLY RELAX. And who knows? MAYBE DREAM JOB WILL BE POSTED AND I CAN APPLY AND SOMEHOW GET TO GO BACK HOME, WHICH MEANS MY VACATIONS WON'T HAVE TO BE ME VISITING.

I do care too much, and it makes me super frustrated, but I am really happy you guys point on that I need to take a break. Like, this extra money is nice and all, but I really am ready to say I'm 'sick' and just go home early one day or run away.

I've just had a very fabulous yet very exhausting 1.5 months.

Jamaica for a family trip
Cancun for a mini vacay
2 award recognition dinners/receptions
Rhode Island for my birthday
Birthday party for my college roommate
Birthday dinner at a very nice restaurant for me :)

It's been a wild ride but I'm ready to stay home and get back to my routine for a while. I have to go to Chicago in mid-June for work. I hope the weather is nice.

I've just had a very fabulous yet very exhausting 1.5 months.

Jamaica for a family trip
Cancun for a mini vacay
2 award recognition dinners/receptions
Rhode Island for my birthday
Birthday party for my college roommate
Birthday dinner at a very nice restaurant for me :)

It's been a wild ride but I'm ready to stay home and get back to my routine for a while. I have to go to Chicago in mid-June for work. I hope the weather is nice.
I'm so jealous right now. Hubby has been out of town more often than not lately, which is (honestly) kinda nice - I rarely cook when he's gone - salads/sammies/ice cream is my general meal preference :LOL: , but we have also been dealing with purging/cleaning/staging the house to sell (that's a whole story on its own!), plus the doggos. With him gone it's all been up to me for the most part. On top of work (of course).

He still has another upcoming trip this week and then a convention mid-June. Our life is nuts right now. I told him after that convention, I get a weekend away and he gets to keep the doggos.

@BlueBlueprintPE PMP it's always a treat when you don't have to cook formal meals. Eat when and whatever you want.

Purging, staging and showing a house is a very hellish experience. I'm so sorry. :( I hope it sells quickly!!!
I think the hardest part is keeping up with all the dog hair on a more frequent/constant schedule than I normally would. Scheduling showings so I can do a quick sweep/mop/get the dogs outta the house for an hour or two. We had a couple showings this weekend. No bites yet, but hoping soon!

The open house was a disaster. We had a lady actually steal some jewelry that got left out (in a cabinet/jewelry drawer). Nothing super expensive (that stuff was in the safe), but frustrating nonetheless. Also managed to grab my not frequently used wallet out of my purse that was hanging on the coat rack in the garage. I completely forgot it was in there. It had my emergency use only credit card, macy's card, and victoria secret card in it. She helped herself to $1600 in merchandise/gift cards on my VS card in two-days at the local mall store. $6k on my ER card, and like $1500 on my macy's card. Thankfully I didn't have my normal credit card/ID/bank card/checks in that wallet. We have her on video on our Ring cam. Our real estate agent has reached out to other agents and found that she hit another open house in Woodinville area (also caught on the Ring cam), and seems to just target open houses. She talks up to the agents that she's a cash buyer and her son's getting married so she's looking for a house for her son. Gives fake (different) names wherever she goes. :mad::mad::mad:

I'm hoping the police find her (before I do). I'm sure the mall has cameras that they can match her to. She also used one of the cards at a local gas station. I went to the station and told the about the stolen card, date/time/amount of the transaction and asked if I could get their video footage, but they told me they would only release it to the sheriff - if they did an investigation (thanks a lot).

i hate this area more and more every day.....

Back