Scoot Coupe--Would you buy one?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW. You pay more money for a new snowmobile these days. It would be great for a seaside community. It's a cheap convertible to drive a couple around in. Their website says they have a rental pool. think places like Bermuda where evryone rents scooters/mopeds. This is a nice alternative. As far as a commuter vehicle, truthfully I like it better than a Smart car. but I would never buy one for a commuter/regular transportation.

I would make it a four wheeler. With all the weight over the single wheel, they'll need those roll bars. Good trike design puts the weight on the two wheeled end.

I'm with MA. I think it'd ba a good vacation/seaside/rental. Better than a moped for a couple.

In retirment communities, yeah, a golf cart is probably better. Room for groceries, passengers, golf clubs, whatever.

My initial thought was yes, it would be great for sea side communities, but what tourist wants a vehicle to drive around on and they can't buy anything, no room to store anything...it looks cool and I can see people renting them to drive up and down the beach, but I don't see a native having one

Back