Mechanical Engineering and Design MOOCs / Online Courses - any good ones?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

german_eng

Reaction score
Since I had a lot of free time during the last months (Corona) I wanted to do some online courses on one of the popular platforms such as Udemy, Coursera, etc. I am a mechanical engineer and was looking for courses on these topics. What I have noticed is that there arent many courses dedicated purely to mechanical engineers. The quality is not really good and its usually only the basics such as technical drawing, CAD, basic tolerances and so on.

Do you agree with me that there isnt really a lot of material for engineers and why is it the case?

Can you recommend any good MOOCs or courses and do you use this format to gain new knowledge and experience?

What would be the engineering topics you would like to see a course on? Maybe we could create one ;)

I do agree we don't have enough materials for engineers. for me, I would like to see more advanced courses in plc programming and maybe control systems design.

Back