Results From October SE?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@SEStress

Don't feel down on how you did. Learn from this and keep studying. This is the hardest of all of the exams. 

Take it in the spring and give this exam a run for it's money! YOU WILL PASS. I believe that you can. 

Oh and that wasn't KF. That was me. No harm done in the end. We are cool.

I made a 29 out of 40 but I don't want to post it for 2 reasons. (1) The distribution is embarrassing  as I  scored above average in less criteria than I prefer to disclose and (2) it is likely enough information to narrow down who I am and I prefer to remain as anonymous as possible while on this forum disclosing my scores. Hopefully this will ease your curiosity. To be honest, I really thought I had it this time. I was expecting a 36 in the morning and three acceptable with one improvement required but they pulled some shenanigans with the wood portion of the exam in the afternoon and I couldn't find the information in the new NDS within the specified time limit. I knew what I did wrong but I can't go into further depth without likely getting banned by @knight1fox3 again. Anywho, I appreciate your reply to the MS requirement in the other thread. It's always good to have other opinions, the more you know and all.
I recently abandoned all pretense that people couldn't figure out who I am. But I fully respect and understand your motive; knowing it was 29 out of 40 is all I needed.

Don't worry about the above average; here's my score for lateral where I missed it by one afternoon question:

/monthly_2018_12/large.1897229127_Annotation2018-12-10202407.jpg.5ede4b41f08019e8bcaa38a3fcc8e68f.jpg

I have no idea what their average is, but I'm apparently not average. Passed on the second try for lateral.

You want the really bad news. By my metric you missed passing by only a bit on that afternoon. If those were "improvement required" I bet it would have been sufficient. You're really close!

In my experience, once you're that close you'll pass the next time around. Double down on the studies and I bet you will pass.

@SEStress

Don't feel down on how you did. Learn from this and keep studying. This is the hardest of all of the exams. 

Take it in the spring and give this exam a run for it's money! YOU WILL PASS. I believe that you can. 

Oh and that wasn't KF. That was me. No harm done in the end. We are cool.
Well, if I can get over this hurdle, I will start a new account and become a supporting member. Hopefully I will be able to guide others on the East Coast in the awful mess that is seismic design.

Well, if I can get over this hurdle, I will start a new account and become a supporting member. Hopefully I will be able to guide others on the East Coast in the awful mess that is seismic design.
It's not if, it is when.

All I can say is that a ordinary engineer in MN can do this stuff, anyone can. It's tricky, but there is a method to this madness.

Very disappointed, 2nd lateral attempt.... AM: 28/40, PM: steel and concrete: Acceptable, Wood/Masonry: improvement req’d; General: Unacceptable. Whereas last Spring I got Acceptable on the General question. So annoyed!!!!!! This last General question was ANNNOYING AS HELL and it may have cost me the exam? But, who knows???

Dang, you were close. I recall the time I passed lateral everyone was complaining about one problem that I found easy; but when I failed vertical I was complaining about a problem that everyone else said was easy. Sometimes you just need the exam questions to be "favorable" to your own skill set it seem. Luck of the draw I guess, at least you're not consistently deficient in one topic.

Dang, you were close. I recall the time I passed lateral everyone was complaining about one problem that I found easy; but when I failed vertical I was complaining about a problem that everyone else said was easy. Sometimes you just need the exam questions to be "favorable" to your own skill set it seem. Luck of the draw I guess, at least you're not consistently deficient in one topic.
I dunno, after two attempts I don't know what is next. If I was younger I would leave this field for something different. I cannot imagine a way to be any more prepared than I was this time. It is an enormous commitment for a "competency" exam in which so much is riding on passing it. I wish I chose a different path; I certainly do not encourage anyone to enter this field.

Still waiting on Illinois to release the results. It is SO VERY HARD to see everyone getting their results and still be waiting. I am hoping for today!

Which states have already released their SE results? Is anybody here waiting for Florida? 

Latest posts

Back