Results From October SE?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked yesterday and got something to the effect of "I know nothing". It wasn't the generic "SE Exam results are released 8 -10 weeks..." blah blah blah.Maybe that's a good thing? Who knows...

I don't trust anything they say. I don't even trust they grade the exams. I think maybe it's a lottery. They won't let you see the exam, so who is to say. The last time someone said "trust me," I had two hands on my shoulders and something else touched my backside.

Seeing as how they just released PE results this week, i doubt we'll find out today, but who knows. If i passed, it's because they mixed up my exam with someone much smarter than myself...

Yeah, I think it's wayyy more likely to be next Friday to be honest.  I wish they would just release them.... I mean the grading workshop is over, so they have the scores... 

Seeing as how they just released PE results this week, i doubt we'll find out today, but who knows. If i passed, it's because they mixed up my exam with someone much smarter than myself...
Yeah, I'm not expecting good results 😕  This was my second time taking lateral, and it felt like it went way worse than the last time I failed... so I'll be shocked if i passed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I don't know when we will find out, but I do suspect today. As far as passing, good luck. The exam is ridiculous. I believe I knocked it out of the park this time though. I had to take a School of PE course in lateral design to figure out the seismic detailing though. All said and done, this test costed me around $4000.00 for references, courses, and fees. Seems like I have purchased the ability to look at it and at least confirm that the grader did not make mistakes or they didn't cross up exams.

Yeah, I'm not expecting good results 😕  This was my second time taking lateral, and it felt like it went way worse than the last time I failed... so I'll be shocked if i passed. 
Good luck. I felt really good about this one but I'm a third time taker for lateral. As mentioned above though, I did take the School of PE lateral course. It helped considerably with seismic detailing. To the point where I had already determined that I was not going to pass without something teaching me the subject.

Good luck. I felt really good about this one but I'm a third time taker for lateral. As mentioned above though, I did take the School of PE lateral course. It helped considerably with seismic detailing. To the point where I had already determined that I was not going to pass without something teaching me the subject.
First go around, I got a perfect score on the afternoon and bombed the multiple choice.  I understand the detailing for seismic.  My problem is the bridge foundations stuff and I struggle with falling for their little tricks in the Multiple choice.  

Good luck to you as well :)  

Third time taker of lateral too. Thought I failed the first time - failed. Thought I passed with flying colors last time - failed. This time I feel 50/50. Fingers crossed!!!

Good luck to all of you. 

Third time taker of lateral too. Thought I failed the first time - failed. Thought I passed with flying colors last time - failed. This time I feel 50/50. Fingers crossed!!!

Good luck to all of you. 
Good luck to you too!  

Well, I left the test thinking there was no way I failed. I know that I made a few minor mistakes due to the time crunch as I only had (1!!!) minute left when I finished the afternoon, but I finished all of the problems in what I felt was a satisfactory manner. The morning seemed reasonable to me this time too. I would figure I was able to get approximately 35 of them correct with (3) complete guesses on bridge shenanigans. All of this to say, If I did not pass. You may see me on the news in ATL standing in the middle of I85. Likely drunk and naked. And cursing NCEES.

Back