Results Delayed this year

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the results are going to be delayed, why would NCEES open the refile registration on Monday if no one knows if they passed or not? hmmmmmm...Sketchyyyyyy

If the results are going to be delayed, why would NCEES open the refile registration on Monday if no one knows if they passed or not? hmmmmmm...Sketchyyyyyy
Registration fees? :dunno:

Tactical-Facepalm_o_93742.jpg

We like to use government math around here: therefore, they are late.
Government math means they can change the deadline when ever they want. Just ask ramnares.

Last edited by a moderator:
this thread is wrong as the time frame given is 8 to 10 weeks and we aren't even at the end of 6 weeks
Delayed in comparison to last years' timelines....

total misuse of the word... something can not be delayed if the deadline has not occurred yet it's just not as early
It is absolutely the correct usage. If I had said delayed by x amount, it will be an incorrect usage. But if I did not quantify the delay, it is an abstract delay - delayed w.r.t. perception.

this thread is wrong as the time frame given is 8 to 10 weeks and we aren't even at the end of 6 weeks

total misuse of the word... something can not be delayed if the deadline has not occurred yet it's just not as early
It is absolutely the correct usage. If I had said delayed by x amount, it will be an incorrect usage. But if I did not quantify the delay, it is an abstract delay - delayed w.r.t. perception.

It is not correct usage. Delay is defined by the time period assigned for it to occur. In this case, the minimum time for results to be released is officially 8 weeks. Since we have not yet hit that point, results aren't delayed. There's no perception involved.

It is not correct usage. Delay is defined by the time period assigned for it to occur. In this case, the minimum time for results to be released is officially 8 weeks. Since we have not yet hit that point, results aren't delayed. There's no perception involved.
You have defined "late" not "delay". My projects at work are "delayed" however I am not yet "late".

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wu598ENenk

you have no frame of reference

Guess we should just say it's delayed so it gives us yet another reason to be frustrated with NCEES

Back