RESULTS ARE IN!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you say DVINNY? Maybe we should start an exercise/weight loss thread on the STB section especially with the holidays upon us.
I've spent years doing that on bodybuilding message boards. Makes me want to :brick:

But really, it's very simple. It's not about carbs (well somewhat), but it's more about quantity.

FOR AN AVERAGE MALE:

If you make sure that you eat no more than 400 calories per sitting, and have at least 2 hrs between meals, you can lose an amazing amount of weight with minimal cardio.

If you eat 400 calories per meal at 6:00 am, 9, noon, 3, and 6:00 pm. That's 5 meals at 3 hrs apart for a total of 2,000 calories. Do 30-40 minutes of cardio (walk, elliptical, etc.) at least 3-4 times a week, and you WILL burn off fat.

It is important to not miss any of the 5 meals, and of course the healthier and cleaner the 400 calories are the faster you'll lose the weight, but I guarantee if your 400 calories was from ANY type of food, you'll still lose the weight.

I am usually 250 lbs. in the offseason, and compete in bodybuilding at 198 lbs. and in powerlifting at 220 lbs. I've taken 50 lbs. off on 7 different occasions now. It's now that hard, it's just a matter of doing it.

I get a kick out of that "Biggest Loser" show. I don't watch it every week but last week one of the guys lost 12lbs in a week. You can only appreciate that show if you saw them when they started. Most of them still look fat even after they've lost 100lbs. I just wonder what they look like 1yr after they leave the fat farm with drill sergeants yelling at them all day and not letting them eat.

:dunno:

yeah thats the only reality tv show I watch, good stuff IMO.

Most of the contestants seem to keep the weight off, I cant recall the link, but if you snoop around on NBC.com you can find pics and bios from all former contestants..

I just miss Jillian this season.. :ZZZ:

Back in '04, I went from 215+ to 165 in about 5 or 6 months by working out (mostly elicptical jogger and weights) and by cutting the carbs almost to nothing.
Everyone said I lookd too thin. Since then, I have not worked out at all and have loosened up BIG TIME on my carb cutting. I'm up to about 180 and want to stay around here. However, I do need to tighten up and redefine the muscle at this point.

Ed
same here... I used to have a "six pack" (not talking about a 6 pack of beer) at 160# but now I am at 175# and have stopped working out... I put 10# pounds in about one month... Holiday Season??

Anyhow I have to drop some 15# to be back into shape... I look too thin at 160 but the wife insists...

:D

any word on the "other" results???

:lmao:

I look too thin at 160 but the wife insists...
None of my bidness, of course, but I would hope you have similar "insisting" power as it pertains to her weight.

:D

Those weight/height charts are such BS. I claim to be 5'10 bet its really closer to 5'9. When I got married I weighed 190 and had fairly defined stomach, no 6 pack but at least a midline was showing up. At 200 I have nothing hanging over the belt. Ok at 230 I am a pig, but still if I was 160 I'd be starved. In the FE formula book there is a table of body size and percentiles for Americans. One that made me laugh was torso thickness. Stick a ruler under your armpit until it hits the chair and read how far your chest sticks out. Mine is about 11 inches thick which is in the like 98 percentile.

At 6'-2" and 230 I don't look like a fat-ass, I've just got a damn gut that looks like hell. If I turned the 30lb gut into 30lbs more chest and arm muscle I'd look like a friggin gorilla. 200 and well defined with no gut is where I'm headed though.

:tone:

I think I read somewhere that over 80 percent of pro football players are defined by the charts as obese. Now, that may be true for lineman, but this includes running backs. I think Bo Jackson would have been regarded as obese in his prime.

I?ve lost 30 pounds since September doing the e-diet thing online. I haven?t exercised at all and have still managed to lose 30 pounds since September by eating healthier and not over-eating.

The e-diet thing basically allows you to set your weight loss goals and then provides you with a meal plan, including recipes and grocery lists, on a weekly basis. It?s a good guide and it trains you how to eat healthy and how to shop for healthier foods. You?d be amazed at how many products are out there that are supposedly ?low-fat? or ?low-calorie? that just don?t cut it???it?s all about relativity. If McDonald?s reduced the fat in a Big Mac by 5% and slapped a sticker on it that said ?Big Mac Lite?, there would be people that eat them everyday and then wonder why they aren?t losing weight.

This diet takes discipline though, the first week or two are tough for an aggressive weight loss plan because your stomach is shrinking back to the size it should be and you spend a lot of time feeling hungry??..drink water. If you can get over the first hurdle, then it?s actually not a very restrictive diet at all, it?s all about calorie and fat counting and I?m amazed at the amount of food I can eat for under 500 calories and 8 grams of fat.

that sounds like a plan... I'll look at the e-diet... for now I am trying to exercise as much as I used to some year ago...

many good suggestions and ideas in the forum :???:

Back