RESULTS ARE IN!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DrFranz

Just got my results... I have too much fat!!! I have to start exercising... :( so no more :beerchug for the rest of the week...

:D

I have deceieded to go on the Dan Marino-vetted certified non-gay nutrisystem weightloss plan in January. Only thing bad about losing weight is it always cuts my bench press way down. Why a 33 year old who plays no sports needs to bench 300 is an oft asked question by the wife, (who wants my fat 230 pound ass on the exercise bike) but it makes me feel good. We have a bench in a spare office at work. Occasionally its fun to walk in there when the whipper snappers are in there showing off and rip off 10 reps with 225. Plus I like to use the Tommy boy "you seen the weightroom line" at least once a week as I hitch up the :ZZZ: pants.

I considered the Dan Marino gig but decided against it. I always have better results if I let myself eat "normal" food, cut down on the beer and junk food and do more exercise. I've finally gotten serious (a couple months ago) about losing my unsightly beer belly. I'm gonna lay off the weights this time and keep slamming out the cardio until it's friggin gone. In the past I've done cardio and weights together and I always put on upper body muscle mass before the gut's gone. With the bigger chest and arms the gut doesn't LOOK as bad, but it's still there. I've dropped 10 lbs, 20 more to go I figure. Then I can start back with the weights and get back on the

:beerchug

with just enough cardio every day to keep the gut at bay.

:jacked:

Metro-yours is a much better plan. I am much more reactionary. I'll go on atkins or something peel off 20 and then take 2 years to gain it back. I feel good at 200 to 210 and like a piece o crap at 230. I refuse however to stop eating 2 pound charcoal crusty on the outside red on the inside T-bones. Grilling is what sets us apart from the animals.

Fucktard! Or is it, Dr. Fucktard?
I think it's Fat Fucktard, judging by his post.

I really try to stay fit. I figure it's easier to stay fit now, then get fit later. This time of year when it's cold and dark all the time, I take a spinning class twice a week, and try to lift twice a week. On the weekend I try to take a real bike ride or a brisk walk/hike. I run when it's warmer, but my asthma kills me in the cold, and anything more than a fast paced walk leaves me gasping.

Fat Bastard, I think someone needs to fire em down off the roof onto his F*&kin head. That's what I think.

I'll have you swimmin with da fishies

Back in '04, I went from 215+ to 165 in about 5 or 6 months by working out (mostly elicptical jogger and weights) and by cutting the carbs almost to nothing.

Everyone said I lookd too thin. Since then, I have not worked out at all and have loosened up BIG TIME on my carb cutting. I'm up to about 180 and want to stay around here. However, I do need to tighten up and redefine the muscle at this point.

Ed

200lbs is where I need to be. I'm 6'-2" and all the charts and "experts" say I should weigh 180 at that height but I weighed that much at 18 and looked like a bleached out refugee from Ethiopia. I was 235 when I started my most recent regimen, 225 at the moment. I should probably drop another 30lbs of fat before hitting the weights again to get back up to 200. I always said I wouldn't let my gut get as big as my dad's but I had a moment of clarity while looking in the mirror 2 months ago. :suicide:

At least we men have it easier than the women. Everything else on my body looks normal, just an ugly gut poking out. At least our asses don't get huge and our arms don't get flabby. :D

I'm currently 255 and want to get down to 225-230. I'm tall so I don't look fat (at least I think) but I really need to drop some weight because I'm going on 30 and I have a family history of heart problems. I've been playing basketball now for a couple of months and doing the eliptical jogger too (I've noticed it burns more calories than the stationary bike, stair climber, or treadmill). I think I've lost around 10 pounds. Do you all have any sure-fire ideas that will help me lose some lbs? What do you say DVINNY? Maybe we should start an exercise/weight loss thread on the STB section especially with the holidays upon us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exercise as much as you can, stop eating seconds at meals and don't eat after 7:00 at night. My wife and I had gotten in the habit of eating after we put the kids in bed, just sitting with them while they ate supper but I think the late meals were going straight to my waistline. If you drink beer, cut that back as much as you can without driving yourself nuts.

Exercise is really the best thing for me. I can pretty much eat as I normally do and lose weight as long as I exercise hard for 4 or 5 hours a week. I'm not a nutrition or weight loss expert though, perhaps others here would be more qualified to answer your question.

:beerchug

I never understood the low carb craze, or any of those other fad diets. They're not sustainable. As soon as you quit, the weight comes back. You end up oscillating back and forth with your weight, which isn't good for you either.

A healthy diet and regular exercise, with a little self control, will do wonders for you.

A healthy diet and regular exercise, with a little self control, will do wonders for you.
Amen to that. I've got to consciously make myself not overeat at meals. I don't need seconds most of the time, I'm just used to always eating until I'm stuffed. Bad habit, probably just as bad as smoking in the long run.

I can't believe NYC banned transfats in restaraunts. I'm not an expert on that subject either but what's next? Sugar? Soda? What ever happened to good ol' American free choice? What do I care if YOU want to kill yourself slowly with unhealthy eating habits? Or smoking for that matter. I don't like to breath cigarette smoke when I'm eating but I don't really care whether people smoke elsewhere or not.

What do I care if YOU want to kill yourself slowly with unhealthy eating habits?
I don't care myself either. But the obesity epidemic is costing mega-$$$. And it's obvious many Americans are unable/unwilling to make healthy choices for themselves. Gotta reign them in somehow.

I personally think it's a good move on the city's part.

I agree, obesity is a big problem, most of America are lazy fatasses and 40yrs from now (maybe sooner) the medical system is going to self destruct. I think that government regulating food that's bad for you is shaky ground though. I think the solution would be to fix the health care system somehow so that there's more personal accountability somehow. (no idea whatsoever how this could be done) :D

It just chaps my ass every month when I write a check for $500 for health insurance for myself and family, knowing that much of that money is going to pay for people that don't have insurance but get medical care anyway.

i know the liberals out there love those type of laws..

We should simply charge higher insurance premiums to overweight people and smokers. I imagine, like most things, hit people in their wallet and you will see a change in their behavior.

Back