Recipe Exchange

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a hotdog casserole recipe I can share. I'll do some research and get back to you all.

bump got a cheese cake recipe from a coworker that I haven't tried yet, but it looks delicious

Last edited by a moderator:
I made burgoo last night from a recipe that I made up some time last year. It came out better this time than the last. I'll have to put it up here some time.

There's a dish I absolutely love that the ladyfriend makes. Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea on the actual portions of the ingredients, but could probably eyeball it pretty well. It includes something along the lines of:

Spicy italian sausage (1lb), garlic and white onion (cooked in a little bit of olive oil in the pan before everything else), chicken broth (not too much, maybe a cup?), cream (some quantity), sundried tomatoes (a package I think), spinach (a big bag full) and then you dump dry pasta (an appropriate amount) in the whole mix and let it simmer until the pasta is cooked. There are probably some other spices involved.

I made burgoo last night from a recipe that I made up some time last year. It came out better this time than the last. I'll have to put it up here some time.
what's burgoo? Kangaroo stew?
It's Barbeque stew. In backwoods Kentucky, it has all kinds of critters in it (squirrel, rabbit, opossum, etc.), but mine is slightly less "exotic" (just has beef, pork, and chicken). The local BBQ joint makes some awesome burgoo, and I've been trying to copy the recipe. I'm pretty close.

I tried out a great recipe for beer-in-a-glass last night.

First, I placed a collection of glasses in the freezer in preparation (I usually keep several in there for just such an occasion).

Then, after they had chilled (1-4hrs), I took the cold glass out and put it on the counter.

Next, I cracked the top of the beer. You can use any type of beer - I used Bud (good old Red, White, & Blue!) - but I've also used Sweetwater 420, Terrapin Rye, and Sierra Nevada.

Tilt the glass slightly and pour the beer into it.

Voila! A delicious and refreshing beer-in-a-glass! Enjoy.

Also, if you mix 2-to-1 parts sour cream and mayo in a blender with a single canned chipotle chili, some garlic, a dash of cumin, pinch of cardamom, and a little salt and pepper, it makes an excellent spicy aioli for fish tacos.

1 part bottle of your favorite mexican cerveza

Tequila

Lime juice

Pop the top of the cerveza.

Fill air space in bottle with tequila near top of mouth

Fill remainder of air space with lime juice

Cover top with thumb

SLOWLY tilt bottle to mix contents

Return bottle to upright position

Release thumb from top

Grasp bottle body and bring bottle top to mouth, tilting appropriately along the way

Consume beverage

Result - fewer beers needed to get trashed.

I saw a similar recipe one time on how to create tequila shots with the same results, but I can't remember how it went. I'll go check the interwebz and post it later.

:winko:

Sausage dip (caution, this stuff is addicting)

1 lb of your favorite sausage (I suggest the Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage) browned and finely chopped

2 bricks of cream cheese

1 can of Ro-Tel (as hot as you want)

Mix into a dip, put in a mini-crockpot and keep on "low"

enjoy!

Sausage dip (caution, this stuff is addicting)
1 lb of your favorite sausage (I suggest the Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage) browned and finely chopped

2 bricks of cream cheese

1 can of Ro-Tel (as hot as you want)

Mix into a dip, put in a mini-crockpot and keep on "low"

enjoy!
Oh man, sausage AND Ro-Tel?! Don't be surprised if I die of a heart attack next week.

I have a great granola recipe. Let me see if I can find it.

edit: Here it is:

Homemade Granola

1/2 cup maple syrup

1/2 cup canola oil

1/4 packed dark brown sugar

1 tablespoon cinnamon

a little bit of salt

2 cup oats (not quick oats though)

1 cup wheat flakes

1 cup rye flakes

1 cup whole ground flax seed

1 cup toasted wheat germ

1 cup whole almonds, chopped coarsely (or walnuts)

1/2 cup sunflower seeds and or sesame seeds

1 cup dried fruit--raisins, cranberries

preheat oven to 325, coat roasting pan with spray (i never remember to do this and mine comes out fine). Whisk syrup, oil, sugar in medium saucepan, bring to a simmer stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon and salt.

Mix oats through almonds and any seeds in pan. Stir in maple syrup mixture spread out evenly. Bake for 20-25 min, stirring several times. Remove from oven and stir in any dried fruit.

^^ I swear that my wife and I have used that same recipe. Except, we used honey rather than maple syrup.

Thanks! I will probably have to buy the flax seed and wheat germ around here by work. Haven't seen those by home.

Back