Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone had the lobster roll on a stick in vegas? I don't remember the name but its next to the Fat Tuesdays in Planet Hollywood, but they are some good eating..
I have not tried that lobster roll on a stick, but your post jogged my memory about something else.  I was in Vegas in November 2017 and November 2018.  In '17, I remember there being a Fat Tuesdays about every 5 steps along the strip.  When I went back in '18, I only saw a couple of them, and they weren't in prominent areas of the strip.  It's weird how quick that fad ended.

well that was anti-climatic....... how did it taste?

Has anyone had the lobster roll on a stick in vegas? I don't remember the name but its next to the Fat Tuesdays in Planet Hollywood, but they are some good eating..
it was SO GOOD like definitely will go there specifically to order that again. 

we are trying to squeeze in a trip April 13-17th with some east coast folks if they don't waffle!

im going to vegas mid aprilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllla
We just started planning an end of March, beginning of April Vegas trip as well. Looking for a long weekend in that time frame to minimize the time off from her work 

Do you get their player / rewards cards? We’re getting one free night based on the crazy $$ we spent there last fall & the EB Vegas meetup-

Do you get their player / rewards cards? We’re getting one free night based on the crazy $$ we spent there last fall & the EB Vegas meetup-

I think I signed up for them all when i went a while back but I don't spend a ton on gambling. i got the 2 buffet/day deal thanks to @mudpuppy's alert, so we'll brunch at the buffets I think. any recs for buffets to check out I'm open for suggestions!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I signed up for them all when i went a while back but I don't spend a ton on gambling. i got the 2 buffet/day deal thanks to @mudpuppy's alert, so we'll brunch at the buffets I think. any recs for buffets to check out I'm open for suggestions!!
Many of the rewards programs give you credits not just for gambling, but also for spending money at their properties.  You don't get a ton back from Mlife and Total Rewards, but Cosmo's program gives you status for 4,000 points, and with that status you get one free night per year plus a BOGO buffet and free parking.  You get 5 points per dollar spent, so it takes $800 in spend to get the status, which doesn't take long when rooms often run $200-300/night (but they're totally worth it!)

Mlife's equivalent is Pearl status, which doesn't get a free room, just a line pass to the buffet and free parking.  It takes 25,000 points and you get 25 points per dollar of spend, so it takes $1,000 in hotel/restaurant/spa spend to get (or less if you gamble too.)

As far as which buffets, for your free ones unfortunately Mlife kinds sucks when it comes to buffets.  My personal choice would be Aria.  It's not huge, but it's got a decent variety and its pretty high quality.  Bellagio and Mandalay Bay's buffets suck.  We've tried both of them twice now and I won't go back to either even when they're comped.  Mirage's buffet is ok (not great) and I hear that Excaliburs is ok but I've never been there.

Maybe I'll do Jersey Shore with my Great Aunt, in August...if I feel like driving through that hot mess.
giphy.gif

I liked Wicked Spoon for a buffet. But I went during thanksgiving, so I don’t know if it’s different during the year. Uncle got the ‘skip the line’ pass and it was really really good. 

Is it bad that the true reason I want to go is because this great aunt comes from Ireland and usually summers in the Hamptons/Montauk, and suddenly she's like "Jersey Shore is cheaper, I will attempt that."  And I'm rubbing my hands together like, 'yes, yes, see the greased up guido parking themselves on your private beach.' 

Back