Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A dish doesn't have to have multiple types of seafood in it to be called seafood.  It only has to have one piece of seafood to be called seafood.
it typically is not though. a turkey sandwich is typically not just called a poultry sandwich. a salami sandwich is not usually called a cured meat sandwich. my point is the descriptor words were not inaccurate.

it typically is not though. a turkey sandwich is typically not just called a poultry sandwich. a salami sandwich is not usually called a cured meat sandwich. my point is the descriptor words were not inaccurate.
To be fair, "poultry" or "cured meat" aren't typically used as descriptors, whereas "seafood" is.  That being said, seafood does typically imply more than one type of meat used.

Yeah, I'm just trying to communicate that if I ordered a "seafood" sandwich, I would expect more than one type of seafood to be involved. 

Who let the food snobs in here? I mean, it's not like someone made a dish with beans in it and tried to call it chili, is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Who let the food snobs in here? I mean, it's not like someone made a dish with beans in it and tried to call it chili, is it?
Almost every cafe here in NZ does this.  Wife even ordered some enchiladas with a traditional red sauce only to find out it was watered down ketchup. She sent it back. 

So to recap:

A food item was ordered. It was called a "lobster roll", however it did not meet the criteria of what an actual lobster roll is as defined by the traditional recipes from New England (like adding beans to tomato soup and calling it chili). Instead it was simply a bread roll with lobster in it.

So to recap:

A food item was ordered. It was called a "lobster roll", however it did not meet the criteria of what an actual lobster roll is as defined by the traditional recipes from New England (like adding beans to tomato soup and calling it chili). Instead it was simply a bread roll with lobster in it.
also, and most importantly it was DELICIOUS

So to recap:

You forgot that it was hot and had melted cheese on it.

can someone post the GD Picture!
depositphotos_150984732-stock-illustration-gd-connected-letters-logo.jpg

well that was anti-climatic....... how did it taste?

Has anyone had the lobster roll on a stick in vegas? I don't remember the name but its next to the Fat Tuesdays in Planet Hollywood, but they are some good eating..

Back