Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's got a solo pad correct?  or did he just commandeer the roomie's alcove for the TV?

Yes he ended up with a solo room -

I like the old school dorms - I think it does help with the cost and it’s good for them to get a little bit of “bland living” over some of the suites I’ve seen kids move into freshman year

Yes he ended up with a solo room -

I like the old school dorms - I think it does help with the cost and it’s good for them to get a little bit of “bland living” over some of the suites I’ve seen kids move into freshman year
they're not supposed to be spending time in their room anyway. GET OUT. LIVE LIFE WHILE YOU STILL CAN, KIDS!  :eek:ld-025:

Had one roommate freshman year, two roommates both sophomore and junior years, and one roommate senior year.  I would have killed for a single at any stage of my college career.

My first roommate was a druggie and dropped out after a few weeks.  My second roommate got a chick knocked up and dropped out after a few weeks.  By the third term of freshman year I was willing to pony up for a single room, and the next year got off campus housing where I could pick my apartment/housemates myself.

I commuted my first 3 semesters and then decided to live in the dorms.  A guy who started at the same time I did was doing the same thing, so we finagled a room together.  We got along well so there was no surprises.  Worked out fine.

Yeah I had two different roommates my first year- both were two of the weirdest individuals I’ve ever met so I had no problem letting him get a single room since it was available...

Mine were so bad it made me dread spending anytime at all in the dorm and I don’t think that’s they way it should be

To be fair, once we got to second semester sophomore/junior year I spent more time in the ME labs than I did in my room anyway...

they're not supposed to be spending time in their room anyway. GET OUT. LIVE LIFE WHILE YOU STILL CAN, KIDS!  :eek:ld-025:
Ummm, some of that "living" occurs best in the dorm room. And especially the single dorm.  :eyebrows:  

Totally impressed with the school so far - only 2600 students - no non science / non engineering majors offered / seems to be pretty focused on what the kids need to do with some fun along the way...

Plus for me the mascot carries a gun //content.invisioncic.com/r86644/emoticons/default_wink.png

19500983fa7d34069c2842d2ed756418.jpg

Back