Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zapps Voodoo Chips FTW. Unequivocally the best from-a-bag chip I've ever had.

All the farmland and wooded areas being developed is apparently causing issues with coyotes. We're in a pretty busy suburb next to some new developments, and the neighbors have spotted several large ones roaming around driveways/houses around dusk. It's no wonder my dogs were going nuts the other night. We have a lot of neighbors that let their small dogs out on the front lawn or almost free roam with little supervision. I hope they cut that out, or one of those yorkies is going to become a coyote snack.

There was a coyote pack roaming through the area a couple weeks ago. about dusk a cacophony of howls rang out for several minutes. my thoughts when I heard it was hope the neighbors didn't just let their puppy out. Most everyone else that has dogs don't have snack size versions. 75-100 lb range so the at least would stand a chance

We live in the 'burbs, but not terribly far out...you can see downtown from the top of next street over. We are in a unique situation where we have 2 acres of woods and there's 250 acres that is undeveloped behind that. Our neighborhood is like a frickin' Disney movie. Never actually seen any coyotes in our yard, but you can definitely hear them back in the woods at times. Two pit mixes so I'm not terribly worried about a coyote or two getting close to the house, but I do worry that they might be enough temptation to get the dogs through the invisible fence and back into the woods where the rest of the pack is.

Back