Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And so it begins....

For those that don’t have the pleasure, this is the year for the big cicada uprising. They’re 2-3” long and look creepy as f-. Despite the look, fortunately, they’re harmless. We had a chilly spell for a while so they’re a little late coming out, the ground temp has to get above 65, but now that their coming we’ll have millions. At my old house 17 years ago with postage stamp sized yards they were deafening when you were outside so I can’t imagine what it’ll be like now that we’ve got a couple acres.
View attachment 21899View attachment 21900
This reminds me of the 1987 brood, which was quite loud.

Random poll:

Make a double batch of boozy pineapple lemonade, or only one batch of the boozy pineapple lemonade and something else for pontoon boating this weekend?

If something else, I’m open to ideas!

Random poll:

Make a double batch of boozy pineapple lemonade, or only one batch of the boozy pineapple lemonade and something else for pontoon boating this weekend?

If something else, I’m open to ideas!
What about a double batch of boozy pineapple lemonade AND something else?!! 😉

Mojitos or G&T's for when you don't want something quite as sweet and need that palate cleanser. Besides, they're clear liquids and it's important to stay hydrated with clear liquids.

I like Supe’s suggestion of something that’s a palate cleanser... I’m not a big gin fan, but am thinking a simple tequila lime club soda mix might be good. Just dunno if I can make a large batch of something like that ahead of time, specifically because it’s carbonated.

i take full advantage of remote work by doing chores while listening in on mass calls. today, i listened in on an all-hands meeting while cleaning out the fish tank. well upon completion of my chore, and the meeting, it's time to move the fish back in the tank, except....

...today, he wanted to learn how to fly.

so while pouring the water out and trying to get him to fall into the little net, he decided to jump. far! i had to scoop him up. then he jumped again. wth?! so i had to scoop and cup...scoop and cup... while squealing (me, not the fish).

eventually i got him back in the tank. he's ticked with me. can't tell if he's mad that it happened or mad that i didn't let him continue on with his little adventure.

why is this my life?

I like Supe’s suggestion of something that’s a palate cleanser... I’m not a big gin fan, but am thinking a simple tequila lime club soda mix might be good. Just dunno if I can make a large batch of something like that ahead of time, specifically because it’s carbonated.
Might be hot enough for a Bobarita pretty soon...#ijs

I'm just gonna leave this here...

October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

With mojitos, etc., just mix everything else together and bring a 2L bottle of club soda/tonic water with you to dump in at the last minute.

bef86805954c9c8a6276b2e1734d3f44.jpg
Somehow this was missed in a bridge inspection. You tube link is drone footage from 2019 it was cracked then.

https://www.ardot.gov/divisions/public-information/40-ms-river-bridge/
ttps://www.constructiondive.com/news/i40-bridge-tennessee-arkansas-colonial-pipeline-infrastructure-bill-biden/600446/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Issue: 2021-05-27 Construction Dive Newsletter [issue:34512]&utm_term=Construction Dive

this lady's kid is screaming his head off in the background of this meeting and i'm experiencing secondhand embarrassment for her.

as a mom, i'd feel better if she pulled the kid into the meeting just to calm him down...

but then again, i've read that if you have a nanny, you have to let the kid get used to the nanny.

this lady's kid is screaming his head off in the background of this meeting and i'm experiencing secondhand embarrassment for her.

as a mom, i'd feel better if she pulled the kid into the meeting just to calm him down...

but then again, i've read that if you have a nanny, you have to let the kid get used to the nanny.
And that is why the kids still go to daycare even though I have been home. That two months of the daycare being closed and the 2 quarantines were PITA. Trying to keep them quiet while I was one the phone was horrible

Wife has worked from home for years. Childcare was a must, otherwise she would have never got anything done. My company goes back half time starting next week and full in Sept. coordination has been a real headache.

Back