Predictions for Obama admin

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benbo

Reaction score
Any surprising predictions for Obama admin? I predict that all those "rights-eliminating" boogeymen - like warrantless wiretaps and the Patriot Act - that Democrats have been complaining about for years will continue and the Obama admin will make full use of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
One part of Bill Clinton's campaign was that he would take a completely different attitude than the Bush I admin on those poor Haitian boat people that just wanted to come to our country for political freedom.

Oops, Bill Clinton the President continued the exact same policies, preventing a mass influx of HBP.

What I predict is that you'll see many of the exact same policies repackaged with a different name and all Good taken credit for, all Bad blamed on the previous admin. So it goes.

What ticks me off is that the war in Iraq is effectively over, as of about two days ago. We are out of Anbar, Fallujah is safe, and the Iraqi economy is stabilized. Regardless of who the president is, it's time to start troop drawdowns. Watch BO take full credit for ending the war. God bless GWB for doing what had to be done, no matter how ugly it was (yes, there it is, I said it).

God bless GWB for doing what had to be done, no matter how ugly it was (yes, there it is, I said it).
Ditto.

I'm just curious as to how long the state of the economy will be blamed on GWB. From media accounts, everything was great under Clinton and then it got all messed up by the new administration in '01. The economic actions that are currently on the table have been tried before with less than stellar results. Who gets the blame when it gets worse?

Ditto.
I'm just curious as to how long the state of the economy will be blamed on GWB. From media accounts, everything was great under Clinton and then it got all messed up by the new administration in '01. The economic actions that are currently on the table have been tried before with less than stellar results. Who gets the blame when it gets worse?

The republican candidate who comes after Obama, that's who. Because we all know that the economy is INSTANTANEOUS in nature, and the the policies set forth over the prior 4 years never have any bearing on its condition... :smileyballs:

Optimus Prime for Secretary of Defense?

Well, I have no idea how Obama will actually do, but I do believe he has an historic opportunity to do good and capitalize on the good will of the world at large and within the U.S. Kind of like the post-9/11 sentiments, but much bigger. His election is an important symbol, if nothing else, that America is indeed the land of opportunity. I just can't see that being lost on the world at large, as well as the more troubled communities in the US. Let's just hope he doesn't screw up like Bush did and squander this opportunity. I'm hopeful.

Can they make a '64 Impala into a limo....

In all seriousness though, I think he has a good opportunity in front of him. He could use some of the building blocks in place from GWB and really become great, or trash them all and risk becoming the 2nd bad president in a row.

I wonder how much the president gets to chose his battles. You know that there is a certain member of his party that will come to him and say, Obama, I raised $85M for your warchest, your first priority will be ........

I am sure the same thing happened to Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, etc, etc, etc,

Well, I have no idea how Obama will actually do, but I do believe he has an historic opportunity to do good and capitalize on the good will of the world at large and within the U.S. Kind of like the post-9/11 sentiments, but much bigger. His election is an important symbol, if nothing else, that America is indeed the land of opportunity. I just can't see that being lost on the world at large, as well as the more troubled communities in the US. Let's just hope he doesn't screw up like Bush did and squander this opportunity. I'm hopeful.
well said Dleg.

I really want to see him suceed. I'm an American first and he's going to be my President, so I hope that I was wrong and 53% was right.

I'll give him a chance.

How bad can it really get? right?

I do really hope he does a good job. Not because he is democrat, not because he is the first Black President( I remember the first season of 24...for some reason came to my mind), not because I agree, or disagree, with his policies, but because our nation needs and deserves a good President NOW.

Things can get much worst(or it is worse???...help me out here)than they are right now. Let us pray and hope the elected President Barack Obama can give back this country something to be proud about.

We did see an historic event but it will be meaningless if the country keeps going down the drain. My point is, and I apologize if I took a long turn around it, that it does not matter if you voted for him or not, we have to wish the new President takes the country to the right path again. It is the right thing to do as Americans.

Ooops...Sorry DV...I think I repeated what you just posted....sorry....100% with you bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back