PE Result Dates by State

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if we need to post in here when the results were released but Illinois PE results were released on CTS website on 12/30/2010 for the October 2010 exam.

Not sure if we need to post in here when the results were released but Illinois PE results were released on CTS website on 12/30/2010 for the October 2010 exam.
Any idea on when CA will release the reuslts? The Board Website says "Early January". Did anyone receive any results? Is the State License look up tool updated

Any idea on when CA will release the reuslts? The Board Website says "Early January". Did anyone receive any results? Is the State License look up tool updated
LOL, and not laughing at you. But there has been some rigorous discussions regarding this topic in the CA specific thread.

What does "Elapsed Time" mean for "Letter" states? If the elapsed time for Alabama is 49 days does that mean:

A. Examinees had a pass/fail letter in their mailbox after 49 days of taking the exam

B. The board sent out pass/fail letters to examinees after 49 days of taking the exam and it will be another couple of days for snail mail

C. The NCEES released the exam scores to the state boards after 49 days so the board still needs a few days to process and mail

D. None of the above

You have 6 minutes to answer this question, starting....NOW!

The updated file indicates CT results are communicated throught the mail. I found out on the NCEES website. Will we still be getting a letter in the mail?

Thanks for putting this together. I am currently studying for the FE in 10 days, and had been hoping to submit an application to the Board of MA to take the PE exam in the Spring, but it seems that the results will come in after the deadline for application to the Board.

I have the required experience, but received my undergraduate education outside the US, so it took me a while to get my education approved and I am finally able to take the FE exam.

Has anybody been successful in taking both exams back to back in MA, or should I expect to be taking it in the fall?

Thanks!

Thanks for putting this together. I am currently studying for the FE in 10 days, and had been hoping to submit an application to the Board of MA to take the PE exam in the Spring, but it seems that the results will come in after the deadline for application to the Board.

I have the required experience, but received my undergraduate education outside the US, so it took me a while to get my education approved and I am finally able to take the FE exam.

Has anybody been successful in taking both exams back to back in MA, or should I expect to be taking it in the fall?

Thanks!
You can take the exams on consecutive days (actually taking the PE before the FE), so I would assume you could sit for the PE before your FE results come in. If you pass the PE and not the FE, you just have to re-take the FE. I know it works this way in Kentucky, but it might differ by state.

Just a friendly test. The word is to light in automatically reply and post. People need to choose the color first before you reply.

With the NCEES that we might received the exam result by early Dec.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the Excel table. Thanks.

Yet, these are not the "raw scores" are they? They are the weighted extrapolated scores correct? This may be hard to answer because each state is different.....yet if you look at Vermont vs. Virginia for example......the score is differernt by about a delta of 20 points in some years

Yet, these are not the "raw scores" are they? They are the weighted extrapolated scores correct? This may be hard to answer because each state is different.....yet if you look at Vermont vs. Virginia for example......the score is differernt by about a delta of 20 points in some years
You're not serious, are you? It's PE result DATES, not scores..

Holy moly, California's been over 85-90 consistently! I thought did pretty well, but I only did 80 questions, was there a third super-duper-depth module I missed?

You're not serious, are you? It's PE result DATES, not scores..
OK I feel like an idiot....too early and no coffee I guess. I looked at it quickly and and read it wrong.

BTW, 22 years in industry and decided to take the test (have not needed it really in the construction field).......yet think it is important to be professionally accredited, if I am working in the mechanical contracting industry.

Raw scores have probably been discussed several times herein, and it takes a while I am sure for NCEES to decided the minimum score for passing per discipline. Any comments are appreciated.

Overall the test drove me a bit crazy with the 6 minute drill. Not sure if passing someone for their ability to find things in reference books quickly is what industry is looking for. On the other had there were questions that forced you to think analytically quickly. I took the HVAC PM test.......and there were unit issues on the test I could debate with the panel that created the test. Not going any further due to the ethics involved with confidentiality of the test though.

OK I feel like an idiot....too early and no coffee I guess. I looked at it quickly and and read it wrong.

Raw scores have probably been discussed several times herein, and it takes a while I am sure for NCEES to decided the minimum score for passing per discipline. Any comments are appreciated.
Good. I was hoping that it was an honest mistake.

My suggestion to you is to forget about raw and adjusted scores. If you pass, you won't give a rat's ass what the cut score was. If you fail, you will get a diagnostic report that will tell you what subjects you need to focus on for the next go-round. Obsessing over a cut score will literally get you nowhere, and studying just to get to some theoretical cut score will increase your chances of failing again.

Holy moly, California's been over 85-90 consistently! I thought did pretty well, but I only did 80 questions, was there a third super-duper-depth module I missed?
California has a special portion of questions devoted to earthquakes. No other state has that requirement (I believe).

Holy moly, looks like April 2010 was significantly faster across the board. Any idea what changed, if anything? People working harder to keep their jobs maybe?

I think that is when a lot of states started allowing the NCEES to mail results directly to testees instead of sending them to the board for approval first.

If they stick to the 'quicker' response time (like the April 2011 dates), I'm guessing results on December 16th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back