PE passers by age.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed at 53..............first try. 30 years out of engineering school. Did alot of sales engineering and communications contracting. Now I'm in engineering 100% so I figured I'd take it
Dang. You beat me by a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And I thought I would be the old one at 49 !!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your words of inspiration... I am 47 and today I found out I failed the PE Mechanical Systems & Design test for the 2nd time. Very discouraged but thinking I'll try it next year.... I need time to recoup.
I turn 45 next month. I first took this exam in 1998, 3 times and failed. Back then the afternoon was a written exam and I missed passing the PE by 1 point and BPELGS wouldn't let it slide. I was so discouraged and gave up.....a move I regretted all these years. I signed up and took the exam again Oct. 2015 and finally passed CA's rigorous exams this April. I was also diagnosed with cystic renal cell carcinoma after the October 2016 exam and thought I'd have to put the exam on hold why I was treated for cancer. Life happens, age is irrelevant, keep moving forward. The long hours you put in now will pay off. If I did it, so can everyone else. I'm elated to finally put this behind me and I'm cancer free. Never give up! 

I turn 45 next month. I first took this exam in 1998, 3 times and failed. Back then the afternoon was a written exam and I missed passing the PE by 1 point and BPELGS wouldn't let it slide. I was so discouraged and gave up.....a move I regretted all these years. I signed up and took the exam again Oct. 2015 and finally passed CA's rigorous exams this April. I was also diagnosed with cystic renal cell carcinoma after the October 2016 exam and thought I'd have to put the exam on hold why I was treated for cancer. Life happens, age is irrelevant, keep moving forward. The long hours you put in now will pay off. If I did it, so can everyone else. I'm elated to finally put this behind me and I'm cancer free. Never give up! 
Congrats on many levels.  That's awesome!  :D

Passed EIT at 22, still in college.  I kept putting off the PE, but finally applied and passed the PE 10 years later at 32 with a 3 month old at home thanks to a VERY supportive wife.
Almost the same boat here.

Passed the FE at 22, last semester of college.

Passed PE at 33, first time. Also with a 6 month old, and 2 year old at home.

I passed at 43 with 5 kids(ages 4,4,6,11,20) and a job with travel. It can be done, but it took me 3 tries and a review course to organize.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Diego26....I don't know what to say... thank you for the very kind words of encouragement and I'm very happy that your determination not only got you through the exam but also freed your body from disease. Thanks again for sharing your story with me... I will definitely try it again, I just need to figure out how I'm going to go about it this 3rd time.

Once again thank you from the bottom of my heart.....

Passed EIT at 20 during last year of college.

Got married, obtained MBA while working full time and had 2 kids (3 and 6).

Passed PE at 35, first time thanks to a very supportive husband in oct 2016.

Passed the FE in October 2013 at 36 years old with three boys (9, 5, and 10 months at the time).

Passed the PE this April at 40 years old with the a teenager in the house. I should get a cookie or medal or something.

Also, my wife pretty much deserves sainthood at this point.

I Took the FE at 22 while still in college and just passed the PE in April 2017 first try at 28, once I got my experience needed to apply. I had a 1 year old at home during the studying, which made it way harder, but my wife and boss were very supportive. I studied some at work(as long as projects still went out on time) and some at home. 

Passed FE at 22

Graduated with bachelors at 23, masters at 24

PE Civil WRE at 27, first try.  Took exam early, will complete experience needed and apply for license in about a month.

I passed the FE exam at 21 (still in college). I passed the PE exam at the age of 26. I studied for hundreds of hours over several months. IMHO, it's not about the age, it about the time one puts in to prepare for the exam. And I can't forget, I had a very supportive finance, and a study buddy too (my dog :D ).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back