PE Application - Texas

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my paper certificate around two or so weeks after my email from the board. It came with paper printouts of all of the forms that I received in the email about making your seal so it doesn't look like it's dependent on sending in a seal imprint. I did get my pocket card about a week after I was notified though. So once your pocket card comes it shouldn't be long before that certificate comes too!

Went ahead and got me a nice Texas state seal frame and now I'm waiting for that to come in.
Got them in! Thanks for the info Blewis, it seems once I ask the question and you respond, things come in a few days later!

You have me curious on the frame you mention, able to link a photo or website of it? 
Is it just an overall state seal, or an engineering state seal?

Right now mine is in a simple and inexpensive black frame that my EIT certificate was in, probably something for $5 - $8 from Walmart... I think it deserves a better home since I plan to keep it around for 25+ years. 

I plan to try emailing the board, perhaps someone here already has tried this, but I am curious if they'd send out a 2nd official copy that I could keep at home as opposed to trying to get a decent photocopy myself. Maybe they'd charge shipping or some minor fee, but I'd hope not much more than $5. 

Got them in! Thanks for the info Blewis, it seems once I ask the question and you respond, things come in a few days later!

You have me curious on the frame you mention, able to link a photo or website of it? 
Is it just an overall state seal, or an engineering state seal?

Right now mine is in a simple and inexpensive black frame that my EIT certificate was in, probably something for $5 - $8 from Walmart... I think it deserves a better home since I plan to keep it around for 25+ years. 

I plan to try emailing the board, perhaps someone here already has tried this, but I am curious if they'd send out a 2nd official copy that I could keep at home as opposed to trying to get a decent photocopy myself. Maybe they'd charge shipping or some minor fee, but I'd hope not much more than $5. 
https://www.diplomaframe.com/texas/gold-engraved-medallion-certificate-frame-17956.aspx

This is what I got, it's just the generic state seal. I couldn't find an engineering specific one.

As for the second copy, I'd bet you probably could get a second one... I'm sure stuff happens to originals all the time. But I'd bet it's not as easy to get as in a state where required by statute to display it.

To say I'm annoyed with the TBPE right now is an understatement.

I submitted my PE application on February 22nd. I'm still in admin review, and according to my reviewer, there were 60 people still ahead of me as of 2 weeks ago.

6-8 weeks my you know what.

To say I'm annoyed with the TBPE right now is an understatement.

I submitted my PE application on February 22nd. I'm still in admin review, and according to my reviewer, there were 60 people still ahead of me as of 2 weeks ago.

6-8 weeks my you know what.
Totally felt your pain, submitted on January 6th, moved from admin review 3/15. Good news was I had a number by midnight 3/16. So Technical review seems to be taking no time at all.

Totally felt your pain, submitted on January 6th, moved from admin review 3/15. Good news was I had a number by midnight 3/16. So Technical review seems to be taking no time at all.
So I just decided to randomly check my status, and it's been moved to technical review.

Apparently, internet griping works!

So I just decided to randomly check my status, and it's been moved to technical review.

Apparently, internet griping works!
Lol that’s what I’ve experienced with this thread, ask a question or mention your issue and a day or so later it clears up!

Im wondering if you didn’t have things as organized or the fingerprints took time to process or something? Maybe it depends who your reviewer is, but you submitted before me by over 2 weeks and are still not finished where as I am complete and have my certificate hanging. The only thing I have left is to get their approval on my seal that was mailed in last week, I can’t stamp anything until I get that last OK. 

Makes the process slightly more confusing when comparing our experiences. I hope you get approved tomorrow or Monday at the latest. 

Im wondering if you didn’t have things as organized or the fingerprints took time to process or something? Maybe it depends who your reviewer is, but you submitted before me by over 2 weeks and are still not finished where as I am complete and have my certificate hanging.
Nah. They had everything by February 28th. What did happen was my reviewer was on vacation for at least a week. I emailed her on March 12th, just to see where I was in the process because my application page hadn't been updated yet. I got the out-of-office auto reply saying she'd be back on the 19th, but I don't know when she actually left for vacation.

I emailed her on March 19th, and she told me there were 75 people ahead of me. I emailed again April 2nd, and there were still 60 ahead of me. I was pretty ticked off at that point, so I just forgot about it until yesterday. No disrespect to the people that work at TBPE, but there's no excuse for processing only 15 applications in 9 work days. That's not even 2 per day.

Did anyone apply for their Texas PE directly through NCEES, or did everyone go directly through TBPE? Also, I worked my first 6 months at a job without a PE, has anyone applied and been accepted without working directly under the supervision of a PE for any amount of time? I have a PE that will reference for that time by the way, so I should be good. Just wanted to compare. 

Did anyone apply for their Texas PE directly through NCEES, or did everyone go directly through TBPE? Also, I worked my first 6 months at a job without a PE, has anyone applied and been accepted without working directly under the supervision of a PE for any amount of time? I have a PE that will reference for that time by the way, so I should be good. Just wanted to compare. 
I applied through the NCEES, took about a week or so for NCEES to approve my experience and verify my degree. I'd say as far as working without a PE, as long as you have someone licensed to verify that experience you should be fine.

I would say if you are planning on getting future licenses (I work in consulting so this is almost a given) definitely go through NCEES, it'll make future licenses almost automatic approvals.

After everyone’s line items turned green and said “completed” when in administration review, how long after that did you get your application moved to technical review and/or have you application completed to get your number? 

it took me a day after admin review... many on here have confirmed that it's usually no longer than 3 business days. The longest wait is definitely over though.

Awesome, everything I have is green in administration review besides one item that arrived today. One of my references forgot to add the co-signed SER and had to resubmit. So any day now I should hopefully be going to Technical review lets hope! On another note, did anyone ever have trouble getting ahold of your reviewer? Mine will not answer phone calls and/or emails. 

Awesome, everything I have is green in administration review besides one item that arrived today. One of my references forgot to add the co-signed SER and had to resubmit. So any day now I should hopefully be going to Technical review lets hope! On another note, did anyone ever have trouble getting ahold of your reviewer? Mine will not answer phone calls and/or emails. 
I didn't get a reply from my reviewer for about a month, but I also sent an email to the board with a question and it took just about as long to get a reply so I'd guess the board gets bogged down with emails around test time.

Yeah, I could never get a hold of my reviewer, but I guess now it isn't a big deal now. Early Friday (06/15), the board received my final item and sent it to technical review. I am still sitting in technical review as of now though, hopefully I will get my number today or tomorrow. All in all everything has gone extremely fast, I applied on Monday (06/04) and had to get a reference to submit more information which got there 06/14 (all of my other references were received and completed 06/08), and now in technical review so if I get my number today it will be only 15 calendar days total from initial online application. That's is only if what everyone on this thread saying is true, that it is only a few days in technical review. Thanks for all the help and answers to my questions @blewis216.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you guys went through the same process, I have question. I have submitted my TX PE application on 6/1, and all the required documents were delivered to the TBPE around 6/11. However, they are still  yellow color, do you have any idea how long will take to turn green?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you guys went through the same process, I have question. I have submitted my TX PE application on 6/1, and all the required documents were delivered to the TBPE around 6/11. However, they are still  yellow color, do you have any idea how long will take to turn green?
about a month or so.

Can anyone share an example of qualifying Supplementary Experience Record (form EB-13) for Mechanical HVAC and Plumbing design for MEP?

I'm waiting to receive my reference statement and signed SERs from my references. Posting here to see if this helps to receive them soon in the mail 😀 

Latest posts

Back