Passing the Time

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deesleuth

Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread to pass the time, because some of us still have a couple of weeks to wait. However, we're still here to talk about the test. So what did you take and how hard do you think it was?

My :2cents:

I did Civil/Geotechnical.

Morning was straight forward.

I went to lunch and was feeling good about the day. PE license here I come.

By the end of the afternoon, I was ready to puke my lunch.

well I had the FE but...

I felt great about the morning other than the 6-8 Chemical questions i marked B for ha...

Math was straightforward, and electrical part was easy. I would imagine easy for most non-EEs as well...

Afternoon session was decent, i was surprised by the amount of digital, but it was fair

This was my first time and i feel confident, however "the higher they are, the harder they fall...."

"Luckily" I have finals this week so ive been preoccupied :shakehead:

I thought I'd start a thread to pass the time, because some of us still have a couple of weeks to wait. However, we're still here to talk about the test. So what did you take and how hard do you think it was?

I took the SE II. I didn't think it was hard (technically), just a marathon to finish.

Was not nearly as bad as the SE I (passed that in 2006).

Funny you brought up lunch. In all my attempts at the SE I [5 in all], I always use to go to this Chinese joint [near the testing site in Columbia, S.C.]. Well, it use to be pretty good......but this time it was terrible. Really has gone downhill since I last ate there. No puking urge in the afternoon, but if I didn't make it this time: may have to consider brown bagging it next time. (Or taking the lunch they offer sometimes (NSPE(?) did so this time).)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was not nearly as bad as the SE I (passed that in 2006).

Funny you brought up lunch. In all my attempts at the SE I [5 in all], I always use to go to this Chinese joint [near the testing site in Columbia, S.C.]. Well, it use to be pretty good......but this time it was terrible. Really has gone downhill since I last ate there. No puking urge in the afternoon, but if I didn't make it this time: may have to consider brown bagging it next time. (Or taking the lunch they offer sometimes (NSPE(?) did so this time).)

I hesitate to say it since I don't have the results yet, but the Environmental PE exam was easier than I thought it would be. I felt very confident throughout, and after every question I thought I knew, I got more and more excited that I might actually pass the thing. Even some that I had no idea on I was able to quickly dig out of my references. I actually left over an hour before the stop time in the afternoon. We'll see what happens over the next few days though, I could be setting myself up for the worst disappointment ever! :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE ONES WHO PASSED THE OCT. 2009!! I PASS THE TEST FINALLY.... AFTER 6 TIMES!! :party-smiley-048:

Congrats to everyone who passsed! I am trying to get to post 25 to get on the banner...sorry! ;)

+1 on the afternoon session. Though I took the Mechanical Thermal/fluids. Thankfully i passed though! I was feeling like I was on the fence. I wish i had a diagnostic!

I sat for the Civil PE exam and took the Structural exam in the afternoon. What was I thinking?

I did Civil / Environmental .. i felt really good in the morning.. and ok in the afternoon.. i had to guess on most of the sludge problems because i didnt have the mental toughness to even try them 7 hours into the exam and becaues i just didnt want to... lol

im just hoping that a really good plus an OK equals a pass.. because i really dont want to take that thing again...

also.. i was pretty upset with this whole combining of the water resources and environmental.. they are two complete topics on their own and to make them one discipline was a pretty horrible idea.. all in order to accomodate the construction management which shouldn't even been a topic on the PE Exam... sorry just a little bitter :waitwall:

Back