PA Results Released

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scary Dog,

The PA Code 37.58 says:

(d) A registrant may use a rubber stamp or computer image which is a facsimile of the seal, if the registrant first obtains a seal in accordance with this section.

I ordered both.

That being said, some of my coworkers that have been PEs for years have never had an embossing seal and have never been asked to produce one.

As for middle name vs initial. All of my coworkers only use their middle initial in theirs. As that is how I usually sign my name (and write my name for legal documents) I only used my middle initial as well.
I only purchased the rubber stamp. The only people at work that have the embossing (raised) seal are registered for states that require it.

With the electronic seal, don't you need to sign and date after it is printed and then scan it back to pdf if submitting it electronically?

^ if you scan your signature, you can place the signature on the document over your electronic seal in a PDF. You can also add text for the date. The PDF then gets saved with the seal and signature together...

Back